Ch. 16- Move on

We constantly kept exchanging glances at one another, not believing what we were seeing. Butterflies fluttered around my stomach, even though I hated it and also hated the feeling that I still get butterflies from his gazes.
I looked away, trying my very best to ignore the aggravating issues that were screaming at me in face.
Smiling at the stressful and absolutely annoying cameras before my eyes, I decide to push my pointless feelings to the side and take bigger actions. But I soon realize that my "pointless feelings" are not so pointless like I believed and effects me more than I would have ever wanted. I strut away from the section of cameras I was formally in front of and continue to strut obnoxiously towards Austin and Camila.
I strutted, excuse me, I mean "sassily paraded" towards the two of them.
I ended up standing right next to them, confident as ever, still posing. I gave them no attention once so ever and I could already tell Camila was whispering to Austin a bunch of insults related to me. But did I care? No. I could just already tell that the meaningless boy was starting to have feelings for me again, and that's exactly what I wanted to happen.
I then decided to casually look over at Austin, to see what he was doing, just out of curiosity.
Turning my head as subtly as I possibly could, I soon came face to face with Austin. But it wasn't just plain old Austin, oh no, it was a fumingly annoyed Austin staring directly at me. My evil smile had dropped from my face seconds later, knowing that he was mad at me for some odd reason. Millions of question had flooded through my mind at that specific moment, just over one look from him. That's the damage he can do to me. I'm a wreck when he's around because of my extreme over thinking and the skinny love between us as well.
"What did I do?" I shout loudly out of uncertainty to his reaction, causing all the press and camera men to stare at me intensely.
I tried to play it off with a half and unsure smile, but I failed epically. But even if I did succeed, everybody already knew that I was upset about our breakup, so it would useless to keep up this act.
By this time Camila has wandered off the red carpet to be interviewed, so I walked up to Austin with fear yet confidence rushing through my veins.
"What do you want, Nicole?" He spat me, making me feel quite hurt inside.
We both started to walk off the carpet in-sync, hands almost touching. Almost like how it used to be, I thought to myself. But I know inside my heart it'll never, ever be what it was for us again.
I tried to not make this harder than it had to be, so I prepared myself for our in-depth conversation that was arriving in seconds.
"What's with this new look?" He added with flair, as I unknowing wondered if he liked my new look or not. He usually likes the sassy type of outfits, but who knows what he thought about this one?
"What? You don't like it?" I smirked, trying to play around a bit.
He stayed silent for a bit, as I scrunched my eyebrows in distress and confusion. He obviously noticed that, which caused him to comment, "Nicole, I don't know what that was about before," he speaks, referring to my little jealously incident back on the red carpet. "But I just have to tell you this news before you hear it from the press first so, um, Camila and I are dating now." My heart began to break once again, and at that very second when his soft lips spoke those crisply hurtful words; I was afraid I couldn't breathe anymore.
"Oh." I say as my voice wanders off into nowhere.
"So, yeah," he took a deep breathe, "and I also wanted to say that we should just both move on. I'm really sorry, but there is better people out there for us." He finally confessed to me.
Was he being sarcastic or was this really happening? I couldn't tell because my eyes began to get blurry, as I responded to his unpredictable comment.
"I totally agree. I was just going to say that." I lied. Faking a smile at him, I scurried away as fast as my legs could carry me.
Tears launched down my face, as my makeup began to run. I sighed at the fact that my life was being ripped apart and that Austin basically just said, "I'm done with you and I'm moving onto Camila, so stop being sad and move on".
I was beyond furious at him, yet I was still unhealthily attracted to him which made me angry.
Exiting the horrible smelling bathroom that I just recently fixed my myself up physically, but definitely not mentally, I started to head out to the main stage area.
I took my spot in the front row, next to the many other celebrities behind and to the sides of me.
The host of this years VMA's (Taylor Swift) was preparing to announce the awards and such, as I watched her amusingly on stage practicing for when we go live on tv.
I was bored out of my mind, so decided to take a few SELFIES.
I took about twenty selfies total and carefully picked the best one to post on Instagram, for my 20 million followers to see.
Trying to kill boredom, I did a few more random things, but lucked out because the lights then dimmed above. That signaled that the award show was about to begin in the next few minutes.
I tucked my expensive phone back into my purse and placed my small hands on my lap, waiting patiently for it to finally begin.
Sooner or later I was caught up in my own daydream, so I didn't even noticed one certain person tapping my should consistently. By the 4th tap I whipped my head to the side to see who needed to speak to me so urgently.
"Is this seat taken?"
I couldn't believe my eyes.

__
A/N:
I love you so much ❤
Comment and vote :)
You're amazing!!
15 votes for an update, my lovelies!
__