Chapter 2: Reunited

Chapter 2: Reunited

If u would like u could listen to this song as u read (it's posted in the sidebar). I think it fits the story line well (:

End of All Time: Stars of Track & Field

Whitney POV:

Forming thoughts into words, those words into sentences, and putting all of that to action would have been a lot easier if my heart wasn’t pounding so uncontrollably loud in my chest and my throat didn’t feel like it was in my stomach.

But that it did.

His deep voice caught me by surprise when he spoke, “Whitney, you look absolutely…”

Harry gazed up and down my slim figure while progressively analyzing my body, searching for a word he couldn’t seem to find.

He swept the ruffled mess of curls out of his eyes as he looked straight into mine. I swallowed trying to catch my breath; his eyes were a deep dusty green and the longer I looked at them the more my body continued to tense.

Harry took another step towards me so our bodies pressed together, faces slowly inching nearer. His eyes continued to draw me in closer, our faces almost touching, my heart guiding me in a direction I wasn’t quite sure was the right one.

I jolted back when the speaker to my left began to screech. My ear started ringing which quickly escalated to pain shooting through my eardrum.

I let out a loud sigh of relief when the sound ceased, glancing back up at Harry who seemed unaffected.

My eyes narrowed, staring into his, trying to understand how he wasn’t fazed by what just happened.

Harry caught my apprehension. Pausing apprehensively before he spoke, “Kind of used to it by now, you know…” he lowered his head, looking down at his feet before he continued, “…with all the concerts and screaming girls”

I nodded in understanding before hearing Andy’s voice come out of the speaker, at a much lower decibel then the previous sounds.

“Sorry about that guys, I haven’t quite figured out how this microphone works yet. Anyways, I just wanted to say there’s plenty of beer in the kitchen so drink up and let’s party! Happy New Year’s everyone!” my heart sunk as his voice cut off.

Thankfully I didn’t have to decide what to do next, fate decided for me.

Harry pulled his ringing phone out of his pocket, “I’ll catch up with you later” he said before turning around and heading straight for the door to answer the call.

I was about to let out of a sigh of relief, but I turned around to see Andy step in the doorway. I assumed that meant he hadn’t seen the previous interaction between me and Harry, so thankfully that would be one less thing I would have to explain. However, he looked at me suspiciously which only made me more nervous.

Andy spoke in an irritated tone, “Why did you run off so fast?”

I spoke without hesitation, “I wanted to give you a chance to catch up with Liam.” It was at least half true, right?

Andy looked at me in annoyance but thankfully decided it was better to drop it.

“We’re okay, right” I apprehensively asked taking left his hand in my right.

Instead of responding he pulled me to the center of the floor as Pitbull’s “Don’t Stop the Party” began to play. I moved my hips to the pounding beat of the song, my dress flowing with every movement.