Chapter 8: Skating on Thin Ice

Whitney POV:

Song- By Your Side: Tenth Avenue North

I didn’t want to seem overly insecure so in an attempt to look moderately natural  I applied a light coat of bronzy eye shadow, one coat of black mascara, and a coral colored lip gloss to complete my makeup. Standing in front of my mirror I twisted a small portion of my hair into a loose side braid and grabbed a few bobby pins to secure it.

I glanced up at the clock which read 11:55. I had given myself plenty of time to get ready but deciding what to wear was nearly impossible. I settled on a pair of skinny jeans and a teal floral peplum with a thin white sweater that hung open overtop.  If only I still had my best friend to consult with maybe I wouldn’t have spent a whole hour putting this outfit together, yeah so much for that I thought. Pushing the thoughts of yesterday’s proceedings to the back of my mind I reassured myself; Today’s going to be great; Just me and Harry. Our first date.

Remembering his advice to dress warm I slipped on a matching teal knit hat, my favorite white infinity scarf that still lie on my nightstand, and a brown pair of knee high boots. Before heading downstairs I grabbed my heaviest A&F coat from the hook that hung the back of my bedroom door.

I skipped down the steps, coming to a halt when I saw someone standing at the bottom of the stairs, Harry, looking like the epitome of perfection he is.

“You look gorgeous,” Harry stated in awe as his eyes traced over my figure.

My cheeks blushed; I was at a loss for words for how to respond due to how breathtaking he always was, always is I should say. He wore a blue hoodie which was covered by another maroon jacket so only a portion of it could be seen underneath. Paired with it was a nice pair of navy jeans that were tucked into a pair of black boots.

His emerald hue eyes sparkled with the same enthusiasm as yesterday. He held a small smile and his dimples surfaced as I spoke, “As do you,” I said confidently as I returned his smile.

Our eyes lingered on one another, his voice drawing us out of our admiration, “Ready to go?” he inquired as he walked over to meet me at the bottom of the staircase.

“Mhm.” I replied as I slipped on my coat and took the steady hand he extended towards me.

His touch as he grasped my hand in his sent a shiver down my spine. I was looking forward to just spending time with him, it didn’t really matter where we were going. However that didn’t mean I wasn’t still curious; My mind drifting off to explore all the possible destinations.

Harry studied my expression, successfully reading my thoughts, “You’ll find out when we get there,” he said with a smirk.

“Aw c’mon at least a hint?” I requested with a playful smile.

He chuckled as shook his head, causing his curls to fall. He quickly ruffled his hair before pushing the fallen curls to the side, revealing his gorgeous green eyes and amused expression.

“Let’s go.”

*  *  *  *  *

(Still Whitney POV)

We had just made it to his range rover, hand in hand when I heard his raspy voice, causing me to look up from the ground.

“I really wanted to wait until we got there, but you are just so beautiful…”

“Wait for what?” I said confused as he grabbed my other hand, bringing us to a complete halt.

“For this,” he said aggressively pinning me back against the car while simultaneously sliding his hands down from my shoulders, now resting them steadily on my hips. His action took me by surprise and before I could say anything…