Chapter 44: Plot Twist

--the bruise whitney has is supposed to be from the alley attack and I'm not sure if I said that, I will eventually fix it when I reedit at the end--

Whitney POV: 

Song: Run- Snow Patrol 

"Can you stop doing that please?" I quietly asked, clasping my hands in my lap as I took a seat by the kitchen bar. 

"Doing what?" Andy cluelessly responded. 

"Looking at me like I'm going to break down any minute." 

"That depends, are you?" 

I huffed, meeting his gaze to show him my eyes weren't brimming with tears, or anywhere close for that matter. 

"Fair enough." Andy spoke, his eyes wandering around the room. 

"So..." I began, an awkward tension filling the room. 

"Did he hit you?" 

"Uh who?" 

"Harry," Andy stated bluntly like it was the most obvious answer in the room. 

I twisted horizontally in my chair, mumbling a no before our eyes briefly met. 

"Are you lying?" 

His question only infuriated me further, "Harry would never do that." I defended bitterly. 

He squinted, contracting up another inquiry. 

Being more blunt then I ever remembered, skipping straight to the point. 

"Why were you at the police station?" 

"That's none of your concern," I stated in monotone, looking away when I felt his hand move to my forearm, gripping lightly in refutal. 

I flinched at the contact, Andy pulling away immediately as he mumbled an apology, his tone softening. 

"I still care about you." 

"I'm with Harry." 

"I don't care, that doesn't change what we had," he paused and I could feel his heavy gaze eyeing me down, "look at me." 

At first I continued to pull on the thread of my jeans but something about the softness in his tone brought out the deepest part of me that wanted to. 

My stomached fluttered, seeing the darkness that loomed in his brown eyes, the one that came out when I used to be at my very worst. Unable to hide how it hurt him as much as I to simply watch me fading a little more everyday. 

"I'll protect you." 

I grasped my hands together at the edge of the marble bar, attempting to mask the anxiety, fearful Andy would see right through me. 

"It's to late," I mumbled beneath my breath. "You shouldn't be here." 

"Wait what does that mean?" Andy asked in a rush, gripping my shoulder while I attempted to lead him to the front door. 

I flinched yet again, feeling him yank away with another apology, before stringing the two occurrences together. 

I slowly began to shuffle myself further away, his next word stopping me dead in my tracks. 

"London." 

Silence as I awaited his succeeding words, praying he wouldn't see through me. 

But he did.