Chapter 43: Rewind & Fast Forward

So just a quick note the 1st Whitney POV is a flashforward, and everything thereafter happens in normal time sequentially.

*Flashforward*

Whitney POV: 

I'd love to say that the evening went as smoothly as it last ended. 

But that would be a complete and utter lie. 

For everything after the kiss between Harry and I turned into a downfall. 

One that spiraled out of control so far- 

So far it made me rethink it all. 

Down to saying yes to Harry back in the airport terminal. 

Which may prove to have been the biggest mistake of them all.

_ _ _ _ _ 

(Picks up from Ch 42)

Harry POV: 

Song- We Might Fall: Ryan Star

"Harry." 

"Mhm." 

"Um could you not...you know..." 

"Not what?" 

Her sapphire eyes gleamed into mine, flickering between our stare and the clipboard in her hands. 

"Uh your going to have to be a little more specific babe." 

"The statement. Are you reading it?" 

"Oh um not really. I mean I might have seen part of it-" I paused, noticing the tint to her cheeks flare in response. 

"Do you not want me to read it?" 

"Not until I'm done," she sweetly whispered. 

"Of course," I nodded in response, placing a quick kiss to her cheek before her wrist began to flick, daintily inscribing words to the page before her.

My eyes studied her as then pen glided across the sheet of paper so fluidly. Examining her expression out of the corner of my eye as I pretended to be flipping through my recent texts. How could I possibly think about anything but her right now.

When I was 'reading' a text from Niall I sensed her uncertainty. The steady movements turning into unsure hesitations. Clicking the top of the pen, writing a single word, repeat, single word, repeat, repeat, repeat. 

"He can't hurt you anymore," I alleged. 

"I know it's just hard," Whitney sighed. 

I ran my palm up and down her thigh in understanding. 

"You look really pretty today by the way," I spoke my thought aloud. 

"Thanks," Whitney responded, smiling for the first time since we left her house. 

I returned the action before she coyly glanced back down at the paper. 

I was about to go back to my phone when a bright light flickered through the tinted glass. 

No it can't be- 

"Ha-Harry," Whitney shakily stammered. 

"Shit." I murmured under my breath. 

I gritted my teeth as another flash was shot, glancing at Whitney uncertainly. 

"There's more."