twenty

INTERLUDE

INTERLUDE

After Maeve got picked up, Charlie only stuck around for as long as he was needed. He helped Max calm Ely down. The other boy was a wreck, first he panicked, then he went all but catatonic. Max was freaking out, too. She was practically tearing herself apart, calling their lawyer, telling Emily and JJ what happened and trying to get someone at CPS on the phone that would tell her where Maeve was send to.

It was awful. None of them really knew what to do next, completely shocked by the events of the night. Charlie helped as much as he could but at some point he just ran out of ideas.

Charlie felt useless. He couldn't have that. He needed a plan.

The goal was to figure out where Maeve was and to make sure that she was okay. Reid was at the police station and his lawyer would take care of him but there was no word on where Maeve was or how she was doing. He had already tried calling her but she hadn't answered.

For a moment Charlie considered including Ely but the other boy went out like a light once he had finally calmed down. His own panic had exhausted him. Charlie would have to figure something out himself.

Unfortunately Charlie wasn't good at planning anything. So once he finally excused himself from the Reid household, he had no next step. He didn't even know how to get back to his house without Ely driving him.

So in a moment of helplessness he called the only person he could think of that could help him. "Sydney?", He greeted when the other girl picked up the phone.

"Why do you have my phone number?", She asked bluntly, her voice sounded raspy and a little slurred, he might've woken her up.

"Can you stop being a bitch for five minutes and listen to me, it's important!", He snapped at her. He himself had no capacity to be patient, not after the last few hours.

"I don't see what could be important at 2 in the-", Sydney started to argue but Charlie wouldn't have that.

"It's about Reid and Maeve.", He stated and Sydney fell silent for a moment.

"I'm listening.", She then said.

"Have you talked to your moms yet today?", Charlie asked, he started to walk towards the direction of Sydney's house. It was nowhere near walking distance but he had to do something so he might as well get moving.

"If by today you mean in the last two hours, then no, I was asleep.", Sydney returned.

"Okay, so you don't know yet."

"Don't know what?"

"Maeve's probation officer came by for a search and found a bunch of the drugs that Reid used to use in Maeve's bathroom and now they both got arrested and Reid got send to the police station and Maeve got carted off to God knows where by her social worker and I need your help. ", Charlie quickly explained.