Diaper Duty

A little Pieces of heaven

Chapter 2

Diaper Duty

The bell over the door dinged as Pigsy and Tang walked into the store. Tang had Xiaotian in his arms. He had fallen asleep on the way over. Luckily he seemed to have been properly fed so he wasn't the least bit fitful. Actually he seemed just fine, the only concern Tang had was the diaper. They didn't have one to put on him so they had to just use a kitchen cloth. It will hold for now. But they would need diapers.

However Tang stood in front of the diapers and realized there were so many different kinds, and sizes. Just which one do they get, and what size would they need?

"Confused?" A woman asked him. "It's written all over your face." She had one kid on her back, and yet another on her chest. Twins were hard to raise, yet she looked well put together.

"Sorry, we only just adopted him, and well I never really figured out what type of diaper was best for him. I have to worry about it, what if he can't..." He heard her giggle as she picked up a box. "Don't stress out the cheap brand is just the pricier brand. This ones an off brand for Huggies and it's made by Huggies, it's just made differently and cheaper. The store just doesn't tell you that. Yet it says it in the fine print on the back of the box." She turned it over to show him. Tang moved his glasses up and chuckled.

"Wow...it's not as complicated as it seems." He smiled picking up the box she handed him with the 1 on the side. He smiled down at the boy who wiggled and rooted around before his face was literally pressed against Tang's chest. "Cold?" He put the box into the cart and held him with both hands.

"Hungry." She said as she smiled. "He's looking for food, but he's not crying yet so you have some time." Tang gasped and looked around.

"Pigsy! He's hungry." He jumped when the boy was plucked from his arms by the pig demon who had a bottle already in his hands.

"Luckily this kind just needs to be shaken up, and nub put on. There we go kiddo."

"Doesn't it have to be warmed up? I saw it in a few movies." He looked up at Pigsy and at the woman who shook their heads.

"It's good for bedtime, but not all the time."

Both dads walked through the store, picking up things they figured they would need. A bed, food, more bottles, clothing, wipes, and diapers. Tang looked over his shoulder at Pigsy who couldn't keep his eyes off the little boy. It made Tang smile when he saw his partner so happy. He couldn't help but chuckle and kiss his cheek.

Pigsy looked up in astonishment. Tang smiled at him as he whispered.

"You look fantastic holding a baby." He smiled as they walked toward the register.

"New dad?" The cashier asked, looking down at the baby as she checked them out. They would need to call a taxi with a car seat. They couldn't afford one at the moment they just bought all that stuff. One day, they would have to. "It's so nice of you to help out your friend with his kid." She smiled, honest mistake. She waved at them as they left. It wasn't the first time they had just been mistaken as friends.

"Why is it so hard to believe that you're my husband?" Pigsy asked as he flagged down a taxi. He didn't want to whistle for one. It would wake the now slumbering baby.

"Ah let them think what they want. We know I'm yours." Tang smiled at him. Pigsy chuckled as they put their stuff in the back of the van.