Prologue

3RD PERSON POV

Tw: Mention of physical abuse, sexual abuse, minor adult language.

"Miki-Chan! Be careful!" The lady with beautiful dark short hair cried out to her child

"Miki-Chan! Be careful!" The lady with beautiful dark short hair cried out to her child. She easily catches the attention of passersby. It's hard to ignore her radiant presence.

Her child was swinging on swings in a fast motion. It worried her that her child might fall.

They were the only ones in the playground. The playground is filled with the child's laughter. It echoed everywhere. Such pure laughter.

"Mama, look! look! Im going so fast!" The child giggle as she swings harder than before. She moves her body back and forth, clinging on the weak chains that holds her small body. The chain squeak and strains. It could no longer support the child.

Then she flew straight into air without warning.

"Miki-chan!" The lady runs as fast as she could with her high heels on. She was frightened for dear life.

The heels clash with the hard concrete with every big steps she take. She have to catch her child no matter what.

She stretched her arms as big and high as she could. She gather all her strength to receive her child.

The child landed on her mother's arm causing the lady to step a few step backwards. She embraced her child. She held her hard and caressed her child's head.

"Thank god!" She broke the hug and face her child.

"Mama, did you see how fast i went? It was so fun!"
The child still giggling from the fun she had.

She had no idea that she made her mother's inside twist and turn. But the lady wasn't mad nor disappointed. Instead she put on a soft demeanor. She smiled sweetly at her child and caressed her plump rosey cheeks.

"Yes...Mama saw it all. How amazing and fast you were. What an energetic child you are." She told her child.

Her child. The only most prized possession she have. The only thing that keeps her going in this black wicked world. The light that shines the brightest.  Her beacon of hope. Miki.

"Who will help you when mama is gone?" The lady walks toward a green bench and sat down still holding her child. The child say still on her mother's lap and look up. Her eyes shines a beauty yellow glow. As if she had gold for her eyes.

"Gone? Why would mama be gone?" The child asked in a questioning tone. Her eyes gloss over the thought of her mother being gone.