I'm Sorry, Daughters.

Mike's POV

I had a whole plan to find my daughters, of course I would want to find them. I miss them.

My plan was to hit up my friend and to look up their names in the system and see if she can see their address, etc.

Luckily, the plan worked out just fine.

It's late into December and I'm not really worried about what day it is. All I know is that today is the day that I see where my daughters have been living.

As I drive around in the corner, where the street that my girls live in, I see a girl in a large field playing volleyball.

She had dark brown hair, brown eyes, and looked like a normal teenager.

Until I realized that she was my daughter, my oldest, Jasmin. ( Ella ).

I broke down in tears, and I couldn't stop sobbing. I realized that I need to try and talk to her, or send someone else to speak to her. Zane, my step son.

I quickly wrote down everyone's names and numbers, and gave them to him.

" Zane, can you please try and go speak to her. Maybe ask to play volleyball with her, or I- i don't know. " I quickly handed him the receipts and saw him off.

I can tell Jasmin was looking at him, weirdly and suspicious.

I seen that she answered him with a yes, I guess to play volleyball with her.

Zane kicked the ball far and I seen a little African American kid run towards the ball, who was that?

Zane came back to the car.

" I gave her the paper with the numbers, she looked as if she was confused and didn't remember me", he said kind of sounded upset because I guess he hoped that she'd remember him.

" I'm sorry Zane, but who was that little boy who ran after the ball?"

" Oh, that's her adopted brother."

" Mmm, okay. Do me a favor, go back and if she doesn't remember you, mention my name and see what she says"

" After all this time dad, she will be upset. I can just tell she'll be an emotional mess".

" I DON'T CARE - " I said, then calming myself down. " I'm sorry, just please do it ".

And so he did.

~~10 MINUTES LATER~~

I see her, crying and screaming at Zane.

All I wanted to do was hug her tight, without letting go. I miss her man.

I started bawling out again.

Zane calls and doesn't say anything and all I hear is her. She sounds mad. She has my anger issues, oh goodness.

"Zane, I want to speak to her".

"Hey, your dad is on the phone with me right now, do you want to speak to him" I hear Zane, with sympathy in his voice.

" Yes" she says, finishing crying.

" Titi mi amor, I'm sorry about everything please forgive me and give me a second chance to take you guys in again. I've changed, I promise. " I couldn't keep it calm and collective, I had to blow.

" Please, come back to me ".

"  Dad, I need time to think about this. You let me and my sisters go, just like that and in a blink of an eye, they took us away that night. You didn't try to change, they gave you and my mom the opportunity to change and get your shit's together and you guys didnt even try really. You guys didn't even try to fight for us and you have the nerve to come back, out of the blue. What am I supposed to do with such news? " she says, sounding so mad, yet only truth.