That Night

( in this chapter we will talk about that night, that everyone mentions here and there. )
_______________________

JUNE 2010

So it's early in the morning, and me, Mercy, Jamaira, Janessa, and my mom are at the park.

Me and my sisters went down the slide, having fun like normal kids.

" Jasmin, Jamaira, Janessa. Let's go "

My mom calls us to leave, when we just got here.

" Be right there!" I yell, not wanting to leave.

She takes us into the car and back to Mercy's apartment and changes our clothes.

" Girls, we have someplace to go. Mercy doesn't need to know about this, okay?"

" Why mommy?" I asked

" Because I said so ", harsh maybe.

She took us to this old apartment, and inside a door was her " friend ", I guess you can say.

" Hey girly, listen I got someplace to be alright? Can you watch my girls?"

" Sure, come back in a few, my boyfriend coming over."

" Nah, it's cool. You can leave with your boyfriend, just leave my girls here".

" Alright, if you say so "

" Girls, I have to go pick up food for you guys okay? And make some errands. "

We only nodded and mom ended up leaving us with her friend.

~~ 3 hours later ~~~

This house was nasty, there was bugs and everything here. Nasty.

" We're hungry, when is my mom coming back ma'am"?

" I don't know, i'm leaving in a bit with my boyfriend. We're going to be right outside".

" Okay ma'am".

~~ 8 hours later ~~

No sign of her yet, wonder if she's okay.

The lady is still outside with her boyfriend, mingling or something and we're starving.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I hear the girl screaming and the man grunting, sounding as if he was pain or something.

I'm not able to see through the hole on the door.

" WHO IS IT "?

" It's Romeo, open the door"

My grandpa.

I opened the door and the guy in the back was bleeding.

" Go inside the car with your grandma, now."

I picked up my two sisters who were knocked out and pale and ran out into the car.

" Ayy dios mio, tú mama eres una estupida", she yelled angrily.

She gave us mcdonald's and we were okay again.

" voy a llamar a la policía, ya superé esto "
( i'm calling the police, i'm over this )

I knew this shit was going to turn left quick.

~~ 20 minutes later ~~

The police arrived and so had everyone else. My family on my dads side, and my family on my moms side.

After speaking to the police, I hear my aunt screaming

" THERE GONNA TAKE THEM AWAY "

She's bawling, literally.

" Papa, where's mommy?"

" She's at a party sweetie, i'm sorry "

At this point, everybody is crying. Not me though.

I couldn't cry, I wanted to be there and stay strong for my sisters.

~~ 30 minutes later ~~

I see everyone crying as they put me and my sisters in the back of the police car.

" It's okay ladies, you'll be okay now. " The police officer said.

It won't be okay.

I remember us not being able to sleep, I remember trying to make light of the situation by making conversation with the police officer.

" Do you sleep here officer "?

" Please call me Michael, and no, only for today. Sadly you guys got taken and I need to stay with you guys. "

" Taken? Like kidnapped?" I almost started crying thinking we got kidnapped.

" No no nooo, not kidnapped. It's just, your mother did something bad and we don't want you kids going through that anymore. Your parents will have a chance to fix their problems and get you guys back but if not, you guys have to go to foster care."

I knew what foster care was.

Oh jesus.

" Oh okay, well mister Michael me and my sisters aren't tired."

" I can tell, you guys haven't slept yet. "

" What time is it mister?"

" 7:38 AM"

Dang, early.

" Okay thank you" I ran back inside the play room that they first placed us in.

I miss my family. I miss them all.