Chapter 1

Forcing open my blue eyes, I abruptly sat up and looked over to the loud beeping of my alarm. I slammed my hand down onto the snooze button for the second time and wobbled onto my feet.

I stumbled into the pristine bathroom and carelessly brushed my teeth. I twisted the shiny faucet until a long stream of cold water burst out, I splashed the contents of the sink onto my fair skin and wiped the rest off with a nearby towel.

Re-entering my bedroom, I lazily stretched and strolled over to my dressing table. Picking up my liquid black eyeliner, I added a thin slither of the product onto my upper eyelid, followed by the insignificance of applying mascara. Dots of concealer were blended into my skin, covering any redness that had appeared during my sleepless night.

I quickly pulled on my clothes as I jogged down the stairs and flung my long brown bag over my shoulder. "Bye mum!" I shouted up the stairs to my mother who was already awake around two hours ago. "Bye honey, have a nice day." My mum voiced to me.

Walking out of the door, I paced down the long street and plugged my black headphones into my ears, listening to my favourite songs. My eyes darted across the road to other pupils of all ages from the place we were all going to.

Turning into the school gates, I walked quickly to my class, very close to being late. Head down, I wandered into my first class. Science.

I could hear my teacher's voice from down the hallway.

I stumbled into the classroom and rushed to my seat, avoiding eye contact with both the students and the teacher.