Chapter 10

We arrived at the scene at around ten minutes past seven. Linking arms with Reece, we walked ahead as Harry locked his car in the parking space and flung his keys into his front jean pocket.

I quickly shifted my tight, dark grey dress as low as it would go - down to my lower mid thigh as Reece adjusted the small shoulder straps of her similar red dress.

Walking in, we were kindly greeted by the owner of the large house. "Come in! Come in!" The friendly acquaintance insisted. A familiar face, accompanied by a few of his close friends. I then watched their eyes shift to glance over my shoulder, they all stare at Harry in total awe - obviously noticing the change in his appearance.

Chatter between small groups scattered in the hall died down as the three of us walked through, girls in the corner giggling to themselves and giving Harry 'the eyes'.

One particular girl I had noticed seemed to be fanning herself with her own clutch bag, gazing at Harry. "Calm down love", I muttered quietly under my breath, smirking and shaking my head at the girl's desperate behaviour.

Walking closely behind, Harry almost became protective, noticing certain guys in the party looking Reece and I up and down, scowling at each one that dared to. Harry was easily the tallest guy at this event and I had found that he could really make himself look as intimidating as he wanted - I kind of liked that side to this nerd.

Finding our way to the source of the loud music and alcohol, everyone seemed happy. A complete random 'do' that some dude from school decided to plan just simply made everyone involved feel joyful.

Reappearing in his bubbly state, the host floated over to us for a proper greeting, handing each of us a mysterious red drink everyone seemed to be sipping on. Hovering the beverage just below my nose, I took a whiff of the fragrant alcohol in the plastic cup. Flicking my eyes towards Reece, her cup was already empty as she glided away in search for another. It usually took a lot to get her drunk.

Filling her spot, Harry stepped up to the right of me and placed his still full drink onto a nearby table. "You're not drinking?" I questioned, taking a large gulp of the alcohol placed in my left hand. "No, I don't really drink." Harry replied as he popped a savoury snack into his mouth.

I've never really been one of those girls that gets wasted whenever I got the chance but when I'm having a good time and there are drinks involved, I have been described to be quite a lightweight.

Flicking my mousy brown hair over my right shoulder, I watched the crowd of tipsy, dancing guests from the other room.

I intently observed as Reece danced with three boys beside her, drink spilling over the edge of her cup as she danced away, natural dark brown, tight curly hair bouncing along with her movements. She must have had at least four of those drinks by now and whatever the liquid was, it was already taking affect on me.

Gulping down the remains of my drink, I glided over to the snack table, helping myself to another beverage and drinking the whole contents of the new plastic cup, instantly grabbing one more.

Skipping back over to Harry, he smiled lightly at me, allowing myself to get a proper glance at his clothing choices: a floral - fronted shirt, followed by a tan winter jacket with a fluffy black collar, the jacket was undone and only hiding Harry's back half. Tight black jeans concealed his long legs (like always) and lastly, adorning his feet, golden boots.