Chapter 12

~ HARRY'S POV ~

"C'mon." Thea tried to persuade me to have a drink. "I can't, I'm driving." I replied as she attempted to force a shot into my hand.

I shook my head playfully as she pulled me closer by the fabric on the sides of my shirt and dropped the small contents of alcohol to the floor, "Fine..." She reluctantly voiced, wobbling on her feet.

Thea looked up at me, still holding the sides of my shirt with her small fingers, squinting her eyes almost shut as she innocently smiled at me. This adorable, playful behaviour was something to be admired when she's tipsy.

"Can we get out of here?" She voiced almost sexually. "What about Reece?" I asked, concerned, looking around the party through tens of faces, searching for her.

"Uh... Reece?!" Thea shouted, finally letting go of my shirt and locking eyes with her friend. "We're leaving!" She shouted over the loud music to across the room. Reece flailed her free hand towards us, holding a drink in the other, gesturing for us to carry on.

"Go ahead!" She shouted back with agreement as she continued closely dancing with a guy she had just met.

Grabbing my hand, Thea walked quickly ahead of me, dragging me out of the front door. Slightly confused, I looked around behind me and caught eyes with Corey. "Thanks mate." I quickly voiced over to him. He smiled back and simply raised a waving hand to my words.

I unlocked the car and hopped into my vehicle, trying to start the engine. "No, no..." Thea put her hand to my keys which were already inserted into the ignition, stopping me from turning on the car.

Her hand then turned as she placed it on my mid-thigh. "Thea..." I cautiously rejected her movements, not completely sure of her intentions. Her eyes were squinty and slightly bloodshot, indicating her alcohol influence.

She was clearly drunk and I would never intend to take advantage of her. "But Harry, I want to." She whined, begging for an unknown desire. What's so special about me?

I ignored her plead and started to drive. From then, she kept her drunk hands and thoughts to herself.

"Can we go to your place?" Thea asked. "Uh... Sure." I replied, turning a sharp corner to lead us to my street. Finally reaching my house, Thea eagerly jumped out and almost impatiently waited at my doorstep for me to lock my car. Shivering in the cold air, hardly being able to see her features which glowed from underneath the artificial light of my outside lamp.

Shoving the car keys into my pocket, I fished around in my other jean pocket and unlocked the large front door and opened it for Thea, shutting and locking it behind the both of us.

Not even departed from the barely illuminated hallway, Thea lightly pushed me closer to the nearest wall, looking up into my green eyes. "You look really hot tonight." Her voice became quieter. "Thanks." I chuckled at her funny, drunken confidence, quickly running my hand through the front of my fluffy hair nervously, holding her a small distance from me with one hand by her arm.

"C'mon." I voiced, luring her into the living room, squeezing past her small frame and dashing into the kitchen as she waited on the sofa.

"Here." I passed her a tall glass of clear liquid. "Vodka?" Thea's tired eyes lit up with excitement as she glanced up at me from looking down into the glass of swirling liquid. "No." I chuckled, "Water, you have to sober up."

I wanted to take care of her in this state, she hadn't had the best night so far and she seemed to be quite naive. If she didn't sober up now, she would feel even worse in the morning.

"But I want to kiss you!" Thea shamelessly blurted out. I swear I was turning red. She slammed the glass onto the coffee table and abruptly jumped up onto her feet, over exaggerating her actions, making her short dress ride up slightly, crinkling at the sides as she did so.