Chapter 1

"Margaret get your fucking ass down here now!"my abusive father yelled from the living room

I ran down stairs as fast as I could
and into the living room

"Y-yes?"I said hoping he wouldn't beat me for something I didn't do

"Come here"he said demandingly,I could tell he was drunk by the look in his eyes,they were wide and bloodshot

"I got a call from your school saying you have missed classes and your showing up late? Is this true?"he said with an angered face

I just stood there scared of what he'll do to me because I have been showing up late and I haven't been going to class.

He then slapped me in the face hard and I fell to the floor and held my face wincing in pain.

"ANSWER ME YOU FUCKING BITCH!"he yelled

"YES ITS TRUE!" I yelled back but regretted it because the next thing you know he kicked me on my side.Im sure my ribs broke because I felt something crack and went in complete pain

"DONT FUCKING YELL AT ME NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM,I DONT WANT ANOTHER CALL FROM YOUR SCHOOL AGAIN!"he yelled and I got up as fast as I can and darted up the stairs holding my side in pain

I got to my room and closed the door and locked it.I hate it here,but good thing is,tomorrow's my birthday so I would be turning 18 so I can move out.

I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself yet.well,My name is Margaret and I'm seventeen years old.I live with my dad,my mom died in a plane crash while going to New York,sometimes I wish I would've been on that plane with her than with my dad who always gets drunk. I go to school, I have no friends so that's why I choose to show up late to class. I love listening to music,but not that hip-hop or music talking about wanting to fuck prostitutes or things like that. I like rock music because it mostly talks about how life is hard and to never doubt yourself about things and stuff like that.Well that's all about me,pretty boring.

I went to the bathroom that I have in my room and lifted up my shirt to see if there was a bruise or if my ribs were broken.
When I lifted it up my jaw dropped because my whole side was a dark purple and blue,they were broken. I pulled my shirt back down and looked at my face,a dark purple bruise covered my left cheek. I sighed and got undressed so I can take a bath to relax. I filled the bathtub with warm water and put bubbles in it(yes I like bubble baths get over it -_-)

I stepped into the tub and lowered my body slowly into the water. I hissed in pain as my side hit the warm water,but then the pain started to ease away and I relaxed.
I finished washing my body and then slowly got out. I dried my body and hair then wrapped a towel around me.

I walked into my room and to my dresser drawer and picked out a big t-shirt and some comfortable shorts to sleep in. I changed and carefully climbed into bed. I closed my eyes and in 10 minutes I felt myself drift into a deep sleep.

*the next morning*

I woke up to my alarm going off like crazy by my head.

Beep beep beep

I groaned into the pillow and reached over to turn the noisy thing off.

"Dammit, I have school today" I said to myself then got up carefully so I don't hurt my ribs and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I got out and put on a black t-shirt
with a skull on it,a black jacket because it's kinda cold outside and I have to walk,a pair of black pants with black Vans. I straightened my hair and did my makeup that included,black eyeliner on the bottom and a smokey eye with black and gray eyeshadow and mascara,along with my lip ring. I also covered my cheek with foundation so the bruise doesn't show that much.

I grabbed my stuff and quietly walked down the stairs into the living room and saw my dad drunk sleeping on the couch with a bottle of tequila in his hand. I quietly walked to the kitchen and got my Starbucks coffee out of the fridge.

I made my way to the front door and out of the house without waking my dad. I started walking and plugged in my headphones listening to music on my phone and drank my coffee.

My school was right across the street and I had 30 more minutes till school actually started(I'm a fast walker),so I stopped at a park and sat down under a tree.

I played around on my phone till it was time to go then made my way to school. I got there and took a minute standing out side hoping today will be a little better than usual. I guess I was wrong because then a guy pushed me to the ground,but I got up and started walking again to my first period.

"Stupid emo!"the guy yelled and then people started laughing and pointing at me.

I hate my life

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm sorry if this sucked but I promise it will get better through out the story. Well I hope you liked it so far and I will be updating whenever I get the chance to :) Bye and vote or comment if you liked it...Love you guys :)

(Listening to: Break Down The
Walls- Asking Alexandria)