(17) Date Night

*6 Months Later*

I looked over at Ray smiling. He leaned in, pecking my lips. "Alright I'm ready. "

I smiled happily, pulling on my yellow helmet. I giggled as I watched him shove on his green one over his afro. I smiled, getting on my bike, pulling it up. I leaned forward, letting Ray get on behind me. I cranked the handle, getting ready to leave. "Are you sure about this mikey?"

I shook my head smiling. Ray tightly gripped on to my waist. I picked my feet up, flying down the street. Ray held on tightly. Leaning into my back. I took a turn heading towards the restaurant. We flew down the streets until we were at Rosko's. I pulled into the parking lot, and pulling into a spot. I turned the bike off, and stood up. Ray got off, then I put out the kick stand and got off. I pulled my helmet off smiling as I ran my hand through my hair. Ray popped his helmet off, his afro going everywhere. "I still can't get used that. Nomatter how many times you fly down those streets."

I smirked, leaning over. I grabbed the front of his t-shirt, crashing our lips together. He pulled back smiling, "well that makes it alittle better."

He leaned back, handing me his helmet. I opened the saddle bag, putting the two in. I turned back towards Ray and he reached out, grabbing my hand. I smiled, following him into the restaurant. The lady smiled at us. "Do you have a reservation sir?"

"Yes, for two under Toro"

"Ah yes, right this way sir"

She smiled, grabbing two menus and silverware. She turned and we followed after her, up onto the patio deck. Most of the tables were full with people dining. She took us to a table for two and sat the menus down. "Your waiter will be right over."

Ray smiled, letting go of my hand. "Thank you"

She then turned and walked away. I looked at Ray, as I pulled off my jacket. I draped it over the back of my chair, sitting down as he did the same. A waiter came over, smiling, "What can I get you two to drink?"

"I'll take a lemonade and he will have a water"

"Alright, I'll go get those"

She turned and walked away. "So babe, what would you like to eat?"

I looked over the menu, looking at all the good looking food. I finally decided, pointing to a burger and fries. "Thats what you want? Any changes?"

I shook my head no, smiling. The waiter came back and ray ordered all of our food. I took a sip of my water. "So love, are you ready to start your sophomore year? Again."

Ya it'll be alright. Atleast I know some of the guys are there to back me up. Plus you know, I've got my awesome senior boyfriend there.

"Well thanks babe. And I promise I'm not going anywhere until your done with school. Then I'll go to community College here and you can too, or you can stay in the gang. Its up to you baby. I just wanna know your plans."

I think so wanna stay in the gang. I mean. It pays good Ray. Especially the higher ranks. Which I'm already working my way up. And we could get a nice home and shit. You can go be what you want. I'll always be here to protect you from the tough shit. But I know you'll still be here through everything else.

I smiled, Flipping him the notepad. He read it, looking up. "That sounds amazing. To get to come home to you every night. But maybe not the fact that your a head person in a gang."

He chuckled smiling. "I mean, I'm glad you love the gang and that they love you too. Plus it would be a good income. But atleast promise me that you will finish high school before fully living the gang life. I know you already are. But please don't drop out and stay in school. That's the one thing I ask."