Chapter 14

I earned a new fear of planes.

The quinjet I was strapped into was shaking violently. I tried to keep my cool as everyone else didn't seem to bothered by it.

"The kill switches to our vests, if it comes to it." Lincoln said to Mack, handing him three bands. He glanced over at Elena before taking them.

We landed in a small clearing and I couldn't be happier to get off this jet.

As the ramp lowered we all stood there. I wasn't sure what the plan was or even what we were doing here but I just decided to follow along.

"We're looking for the freight dock on the north side." Mack announced as we all exited the quinjet.

__________________________________

We moved through the hallways of the base with May leading the group.

"All right, here. This is us." Mack said and we all dropped our bags, preparing to setup.

"Now, look, none of this works unless you-" Mack started, looking at Lincoln,

"We'll get the uplink." Lincoln finished. He took a deep breath before continuing,

"Coulson's just got to get those codes in time." With that, Lincoln and May made their way down the hall. The three of us who remained there started to open up the multiple black duffel bags.

Mack was mumbling to himself when Elena decided to speak up,

"Your work, it's too slow." She told him.

"Well, I'm sorry we all don't have super speed." He retorted.

"I have super speed." I said under my breath.

"Oh this isn't about super speed. This is about your turtle speed." Mack gave her a mock offender look, "Yeah you work then you stare and work and then more staring. We have to go."

"Hurtful." Mack said looking between the both of us.

"Finish. We have to get the hostages."

"Well, if this doesn't work, the hostages won't matter. Neither will we." Mack told her, "Cause if Hive gets through here, we're all dead. Or worse." What could possibly be worse than death?

"Would you really use these?" Elena asked holding up the three bands that were connected to our vests. Mack avoided her stare.

"Good. Cause id rather die than be anyone's slave." She handed him the bands and he put them into his pocket with a small sigh.

"I don't even know why you're on this damned mission. It's too dangerous." Mack said clearly only talking to Elena. I turned back to my work with a sigh.

"That's why you should have this." He held out his hand and I saw Elenas gold cross necklace. My hand grabbed the silver one that hung from my neck instinctively.

"What do you think your doing?"

"I'm giving you your cross back. You need it more than I do."

"This isn't a lucky rabbit's foot. This is a symbol of faith. Who would return such a gift?" Mack looked down and put the cross back into his pocket.

"We need to hurry. We're running out of time." I spoke up. Both of their heads quickly snapped back to look at me.

"Yeah hi I'm still here." I said waking my hand at them, sarcasm laced in my voice. Elena rolled her eyes as we all turned back to our work.

"Is is ready yet? Please tell me it's ready!" Lincoln said in a panicked voice running towards us.

"I need more time!" Mack told him.

We all looked down the hallway as Hive turned the corner. Being in the presence of him sent chills up my spine.

"You guys go. Get back! Run!" Mack yelled at us.

"I don't want to have to use these." Mack said holding up the bands.

"You won't need these." Elena said as she held up a bunch of wires.

"How did you-"

"I watch you work slow. I move faster. Your turn." She gave the wires to Lincoln and he used his powers to turn on the machine. Hive groaned in pain clutching his head.

"It worked." I said to the group.

"This won't kill me!" He yelled at us.

"No. But it'll suck." Mack said.

"The hostages." Lincoln said to us.

" I know." Elena gave Mack the bands back and ran off.

"I can't hold this much longer. You think we've done it, fried his brain?" Lincoln asked. Hives continued screaming in agony.

"Let's not wait around and find out." Lincoln let go and we all ran from the hall.

We made it outside with Mack leading our trio. We turned the corner to see Elena leading her group of hostages out another door.

"Let's go people! Move, move! We need to get away from this place now! Go!" Mack yelled. Is stood next to Lincoln as we ushered the soldiers out the door.

"She did good. Look at all these people too." Lincoln complimented my sister.

"Yeah, good thing we brought the very tiny plane to carry this whole party." I retorted.

"We'll have room." Mack said. I looked over to see May and another man running in from another direction,

"We're adding another one! Come on." We all ran behind Mack trying to get to the plane. Suddenly a voice calls out,

"Wait!" We all turned around to see Hive almost doubling over in pain.

"What did you do to me?"

Elena handed me a device and I ran over to Hive. I placed it under his feet and ran back to the group.

We all stood back and watched as a containment box fell over him. The bomb went off causing a brown smoke to fill the box. He banged on the glass before it solidified, trapping him inside.

"Did we just-" Mack started.

"Yeah, we did." May finished.

"We caught Hive." Lincoln said joy evident in his voice. We all looked at each other, smiles starting to show on our faces.

"Badass." I said with a smirk. My sister looked at me with a matching smirk,

"Yeah, badass."

"Yes! Whoo!" The man with May started to cheer. I turned around to give him a weird look,

"Hombre impar(odd man)."
__________________________________
A/n i originally had this whole episode in one chapter but I had to split this one up since it was incredibly long. The next one is coming up right after I post this one.