Chapter 6

It was Saturday afternoon, and Brittney had just finished replying to some mails. She could not remember anytime that she had just sat down and enjoyed herself without working. She sighed and put the tablet down. She checked the clock on the wall and it was 1:45PM. She remembered yesterday when she had called Edward to have lunch with him. He was so excited and promised to pick her up at around 2:30PM. She had only 45 minutes to prepare herself and knowing Edward, he would be there early just to come and make sure that she was getting ready in the proper outfit.

As she was leaving her bed, the doorbell rang, she knew it was Edward and she ran to open the door. Standing there, it was Edward in his full glory. He was looking nice in his blue jeans and casual v- neck white shirt and a leather jacket with boots. Brittney threw herself at Edward and hugged him tightly. He lifted her up and swung her around. Laughter filled the house as she laughed.

Finally Edward put her down, and she closed the door after him. She had missed him so much. "Oh God I've missed you Edward," she said hugging him one more time. Edward only laughed. "I've missed you Britt, " He said. He was the only one who called her Britt and she didn't get annoyed. Edward was a fashion designer and he moved all over the world, attending fashion shows and designing cloths. She was lucky to find him today, and she was going to make the best of it.

"Girl, you become beautiful each day." He said twirling her round. She blushed and looked away from him. You see when they were young, Edward and her used to be neighbours and she had a crush on him. In fact, he was her first kiss. But soon those feeling went away and she saw him as the over protective brother. He was always taking care of her and when they grew up, they followed different paths. He was the only one who knew about her fears and secrets. She was just lucky to have him in her life.

Edward interrupted her thoughts; "When I see that goofy smile on you, I know you are thinking far," He said laughing. Brittney hit his arm playfully. "Auch!" Edward reacted. "Don't abuse the man who loves you so much that he has brought you a designer clothe that he made specifically for his best friend." He said lifting high the designer bag that the clothe was in so that Brittney could not reach it. She tried jumping to get it but she couldn't reach it. The guy was 6.3 feet tall while she was only 5.1 feet tall. She did not know she had thought of that loudly. "Actually 5 feet tall" Edward said. "Ha!" Brittney asked in confusion. "You are 5 feet tall," Edward repeated while busting into laughter and lowering the bag.

Brittney saw this as an opportunity and grabbed the bag from his hands. Her eyes went wide when she saw the clothes. It was a designer blue jean shorts that had beads and a cute white tshirt and boots. Brittney jumped up and down with excitement as she went and hugged Edward tightly. "Thank you" She said in an emotional voice as she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"No problem, now get ready and wear that as I go and sample the drinks you have." He said walking to her fridge. Brittney squealed and rushed to her bed room. Before opening the door she shouted, "I warn you Edward, no drinking alcohol. If you do so, I will not go out with you and take you to one of the best restaurants in town." She could hear Edward stopping what he was doing. She laughed and closed her bedroom door. "Killjoy," she heard him mattering to himself."

Brittney was ready to have lunch. She was so hungry. She took the last look in the mirror and saw that she looked good. She had left her hair down and the clothes were fitting her body, hugging every part of it. Edward really knew how to choose the best clothes for her. Each time he came back from work, he would bring her nice clothes as gifts. She had asked him to stop but he had brushed it off and said that she was his best friend and he was happy to do so. Brittney had once commented that his girlfriend would be jealous of her but he had brushed it off and just laughed. Britney laughed at the memory and picked her hand bag and phone.