Chapter 10

Lawrence was happy that he had finally expressed his feelings to Britney. He knew she had feeling for him from the kiss. He had imagined kissing her but did not know it would be that good. He kept spacing out of his meeting with his staff and was embarrassed that his employees could see he was not concentrating. "Okay, I will go through the proposal and give my feedback." He said closing his laptop. He wanted to surprise Britney at work but she had accepted to date him secretly until they are done with the project.

She did not want the media to focus on them rather than their business. She had said. Although Lawrence wanted to shout to the whole world about their relationship, he agreed with her, also the family feud between them was something that had to be resolved before they could have a healthy free relationship. For now, he was satisfied with secret dinners, late night calls and stolen kisses. He felt like a teenager again sneaking out to meet the girlfriend.

His phone rang and he saw it was Britney on a video call. "Hi," she said yawning. There were dark spots on her eyes. He smiled back at her. "How are you my love?" "Am okay but I do not think I can make it for dinner tonight". She answered. Lawrence knew that she had been working so hard and he wanted to make her feel better. "What if I ask my driver to pick you from your house and I can take you somewhere to relax?" He asked her hoping she would accept. She kept quiet for some time thinking then nodded her head. "Okay, I'll be ready by 7PM. Surprise me." She said. They said their goodbyes and Lawrence called his driver to inform him about his plans and prepared to go to his small cabin in the heart of Karura forest.

His dad had purchased the property when he was young and they used to go there to celebrate different holidays. When Lawrence came back from England, his father had handed over the cabin to him as his 28th birthday present. It would be his first time to be there with someone else who's not his dad or mum. He cleared his desk and left the office to go prepare for their weekend.

When Lawrence had asked Britney to spend the weekend with him, she had not thought of a getaway to a cabin near the forest. The place was serene and the fresh air made her to clear her mind. Lawrence was respectful and loving and she had not known that the man could cook. She stood at the veranda admiring the scene while Lawrence wound his hand on her waist and gave small kisses to her neck.

Flash back

She prepared herself and waited for Peter, Lawrence driver to pick her up. At exactly 7PM, there was a knock at her door and she knew it was Peter. He carried her small luggage to the car. She had thought he would drive to Lawrence house but she was surprised when he took another route. "Where are we going?" She had asked. "Lawrence told me to take you to where he is, it's a surprise." He said smiling at her. Peter was the only one who knew of their relationship and Lawrence had said that he trusted him with his life. She had felt guilty of not telling Edward, but she did not want to worry him. Also, he was away for business and she had promised herself that she will tell him when he came back. She was brought out of her thoughts when Peter told her that they had arrived at their destination. She was shocked to see they were near a forest with a beautifully lit cabin. Lawrence had come out of the cabin in a chef's attire and invited her for dinner. Peter had left after dropping her and Lawrence took her hand and showed her around. She was impressed by his cooking and everything he was. He had kissed her with so much passion and love and she knew she had fallen in love with him. When he had asked her to tell him to stop, if she was not comfortable, she had pulled him close to her and asked him to never let go. That night, she had completely given herself to him and she knew he would be the only man for her.

End of flash back.

"I don't want to go back. I just want to stay here forever.'' Britney said to Lawrence. Lawrence pulled her even closer to him as he rested his head on her shoulder. "I know my love, but we have other responsibilities and we have to work. But don't worry, this is our love nest." Britney turned and faced him. She caressed his cheek and went on her tiptoes and kissed him. "I love you." She mumbled over his lips. She had not realized she had said the words loud until she saw the look of shock on Lawrence. "I ....well ..... Just wanted to. Forget it." She said while fumbling with her words and trying to move away from Lawrence.

Lawrence held her tightly and raised her chin so she could look at him. He was looking at her with such intensity that she could not remove her eyes from his. "I have loved you since the day you stormed into my office and gave me a piece of your mind. I was jealous when I saw you with Edward at the restaurant. I love you very much Britney." He said with a husky voice and smashed his lips on hers. This kiss was different. It portrayed all the emotions they felt for each other and the love they felt.

Lawrence that evening drove Britney to her apartment. He took her to the door and kissed her goodbye promising to see her soon. He waited till she entered the house and drove off. However, they did not know there was someone who was following them and took their photos together. "Hello, they have come back, and I was able to take their photos together." He said on the phone. "Send them to me." The other person on the line said.