8) Up the Creek

Cerberus POV - Tyler Eliminated
Yet again, I was awakened by a loud horn. I hit my head on the bed and I fell back onto my pillow. I groaned as I slowly sat up.

No way this is becoming a normal thing for me, I thought.

"Morning campers, meet me at the beach in 10," I heard Chris say from the loud speaker.

I yawned as I stood up from my bed. The rest of the guys all groaned and sighed while Owen continued to snore.

"I'm going to die of a concussion at this rate."

I didn't really feel like changing since everyone was in here. Luckily, i still had my outfit on from yesterday. So, I just put on a random shirt and I put on some black boats.

I decided not to do my makeup for the day. I would but I'm too lazy. I walked to the bathroom and I brushed my teeth. When I was finished, I put my toothbrush back in my suitcase.

Then, I walked to the beach. Most of the campers were there already. So, I just walked next to my team. Leshawna turned her head and smiled at me.

"What's going on, sugar?" She asked.

"Hey Leshawna," I replied, smiling back at her.

"You look happier than usual."

"I'm feeling pretty good today. Other than actually doing the challenge, today might a pretty good day."

Both teams finally made it to the beach. Chris walked behind some of the campers and he stopped when he was in between both teams.

"Bass, Gophers, today's challenge is a true summer camp experience. A canoe trip. You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake...to Boney Island!"

Everyone looked over at the island across from the beach. The island looked spooky and it had this dark grey aura/vibe to it.

"I just had to say something," I said to Leshawna.

She nodded and looked back at Chris.

"When you get there, you must portage your canoes to the other side of the island, which is about a two-hour hike through treacherous, dense jungle."

"We've gotta pour what?," Geoff said, clearly confused.

"'Portage.' Dude, walk with your canoe."

"Oh."

"When you arrive at the other end of the island, you'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach is the winner of invincibility!

Move, campers, move! Oh, wait! One more thing I should mention. Legend has it, if you take anything off the island, you'll be cursed foreverrrrrrrr!"

"Yeah, haha! A cursed island! Whoo!" Owen smiles, happily putting his hands in the air.

Everyone looked at him in silence. He looked around and basically read the room. So, he put his arms down.

"Now, get in your canoes and let's have some fun!"

"Yes!"

The teams all started walking to their canoes. Our canoes were green while the Bass' were red. I heard Beth run to Chris and say,

"What'd I miss?"

She was in the bathroom.

"Canoes."

I watched her run to Lindsay. I sighed as I walked to the canoes. It's only the 7th challenge and we're already being sent to our doom.

Once I got there, I hear Cody talking to Gwen. She, then, grabs his arm and puts it behind his back. She looked over at Trent being dragged away by Lindsay and sighed.