Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up to Alex's head in my chest, I jumped a little bit at the fact we were laying that way I soon relaxed. laying my arm around him, I soon fell back asleep and I woke up to Alex crying in his sleep I moved him away from my chest and looked at him and touched his cheek and I felt him relax then I pull him close again and he had stopped crying now and snuggled closer. I was laying there watching him, and I wanted to make him feel better, I want to kiss him the more I watch him sleep. I had not noticed he had really woken up was just lying there. It was comfortable for both of us. then I felt his arms wrap around my waist letting me know he was awake. He mumbled" I don't want to go home; I am scared to go home." he moved his head away from my chest. "my dad is going to hurt me because I hadn't come home last night and I mean to hurt me, really hurt me." he told me with watery eyes "you don't have to you can stay with me and my family." I said after I had texted my mom telling her what he had told me and her saying he can stay here. " I have a little sister back home; will she be able to stay?" he asks in the most adorable tune I answer with " yea she can stay in my little sisters' room." he snuggled back into me and whispered, "thank you" I kissed his head " welcome."

when we had got up and got in my car drove to his house a small apartment building. I noticed a car in front of his building, I looked over at him he looked at my I knew he was scared." I will go up there with you" I told him grabbing his hand. He nodded letting me know he was okay with it. I parked across the street, we got out of my car walked to his house. He grabbed my hand tighter I knew he was scared but I did know why it was scary to him and I was considered knowing the reason he was scared. I knew it would make it worse for him if I had said something. By the time I noticed we stopped walking he was about to open the door and at that point I heard a little girl crying. I looked at him and we pushed the door open together. The little girl noticed we walked in and cane running to Alex. He had let go of my hand to hug his sister. The man who was just staring at the three of us from the living room. Alex had told his sister to go pack her things and stand outside. I watched the little girl run upstairs then the man walked closer to us. I felt his hand grip mine I knew he was scared. His dad looked at our hands he seemed to grow angrier than he was when he noticed Alex did not come home last night and I knew that. I whispered, "go get your stuff and we will leave" he let go of my hand and ran upstairs." So, are you his boyfriend?" He asks with and annoyed tone in it. I stuttered "N-No we are just really good friends" he eyes bawled the stairs like he was wanting Alex to come downstairs at that very moment, but he did not. A few moments later Alex and his sister came downstairs, I grabbed their bag and we started walking when I heard "where are you two going" I answered with "their coming home with me, my family feels it not safe for them here." I turned and pushed Alex's sister out the door. We nearly to the car when Alex's sister tugged on my sleeve " I forgot something. " Alex ran back to get what she forgot my and his sister got in the car I watched the door when I saw Alex throw the toy out the door but didn't see him, I knew something was wrong I told his sister to stay in the car and she did. I ran toward the door when got there Alex was crawling to the door then his dad toke and kitchen knife to his leg. I ran over Alex pushed his dad into in wall knocking the wind out of him. I stound over him glaring down "I knew it wasn't safe here for them". I heard Alex cry out in pain. I picked him up and carried him to the car and I knew my parents are home now. I drove home I told him not to remove the knife or he will bleed out. "where are we going" he asked to throw a clinched jaw. " my house, my mom is a surgeon she can help without going to the hospital and we can't take you to the hospital without your dad coming to giving consent".