Chapter 10

Once we were inside the cop took statements from all of us. The cop told my mother "He is able to stay here since he is eighteen, he does not need to have a legal guardian to watch him, he is also responsible for his younger sister." My mom nodded and the cop left with Alex's father. His father was filed with drug and alcohol abuse along with child abuse and rape seeing that his father was talking about sex with underage teens and had forced a few before that when Alex was still living with him. I had carried Alex to the living room so my mom and I could keep a close eye on him. I walked back to the kitchen where my mom was. "Mom is he going to be alright" I asked. My mom nodded and had said "he will be fine just a small head injure from hitting the ground and his leg will need a bit longer to heal now." I sighed in relief and walked back to Alex and sat with him. As soon as I sat down, he leaned up against me. He looked tired and pale; he was staring at the floor. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into my lap. I just held him when I noticed he was crying heavily. I rubbed his back letting him cry.

He needed to cry like this I could see it in his face. I held him till he fell asleep from crying. I did not want to move so I slowly laid down with him in my arms. As we laid on the couch, I had slowly begun to fall asleep with him, my mom had noticed and had left us alone to sleep she could tell that we were not tired for not sleeping but from what had just happened.