Chapter 9

I laid there for a little longer to let him sleep. I soon got up to get food I left him upstairs. When I walked downstairs there was a knock on the door. I looked behind me Alex had stepped out the door of my room with my hoodie that was two sizes too big on him. I helped him downstairs. We opened the door, and the cops were standing there. Alex stepped behind me hiding from them. The cops started to ask questions about Alex and his father. I replied honestly telling him what had happened. In the back of my head, I wondered who said something to the cops. Alex pulled on my shirt I looked at him from over my shoulder. I looked back and behind the cop was his father. The cop notices my facial expression change at that moment. I felt Alex bury his face into my back. I turned around and carefully picked him up and held him as I went back to face the cop. "So that's Alex," the cop asked I only nodded back. I cop asked to look at his leg so I moved my jacket to where he could see where the wound was. The cop went to touch it and Alex moved his leg away. "Please don't touch" Alex had said looking up from my chest.

The cop nodded and backed off that's when Alex's father walked up, and Alex gripped my shirt the cop noticed this and started to believe what I had told him was true. The way Alex had not wanted to be touched by anyone else but me and the way he had moved when his father had walked closer. The cop then had his dad back up, but he did not listen and got closer. His father then pulled him out of my arms and ripped the bandages off and took the stitches out of his leg. The cop then pulls his father away as I yelled for my mom and brother to get stuff to sew his leg back up. The cop puts his dad in handcuffs and in the back of the cop car. Alex was passed out from hitting his hand on the ground. The cop came back up to us to help. My mom came outside and so did my brother they help wake him up and fix up his leg. We got Alex back inside.