Chapter 6: Back at the Castle. A Toast to the Wedding!

Back at King Stefan's castle, everyone was patiently waiting for the arrival of Princess Aurora. King Stefan was standing at the window, looking out to the countryside while Hubert was with him, who was busy sampling the buffet table before the ceremony. It has been sixteen years since the fairies and the Straw Hats took his daughter away for her own safety. But with the deadline fast approaching, he was getting a little worried that something might have happened.

Stefan: No sign of her yet, Hubert.

Hubert: Course not. Good half hour 'till sunset. *takes a bite of the turkey leg* Ah, excellent bird!

Hubert tosses the leg away and takes a bite of another. He looks over at Stefan and saw the way he looked.

Hubert: Oh now, come man. Buck up! Battle's over, we outsmarted the old hag and the girl's as good as here.

Stefan: I'm sorry, Hubert, but after sixteen years of endless worrying, never knowing if...

Hubert: The past, all in the past.

Hubert claps his hands, and his servant Sir Minstrel, arrives with a bottle of wine. and three glasses.

Hubert: Tonight, we toast to future with something I've been saving for sixteen years.

Hubert fills two glasses and gives one of them to Stefan.

Hubert: Here, to the future!

Stefan then finally manages a smile.

Stefan: Right, Hubert. To the future!

Hubert: Skumps!

Stefan: Skumps

Hubert: A toast to this night

Stefan: The outlook is rosy

Hubert: The future is bright

Both: Our children will marry

Our kingdoms unite

Skumps, Skumps, Skumps!

The two kings take their drinks, while Sir Minstrel manages to steal a small sip from the wine bottle into the third glass unnoticed.

Hubert: Ah, excellent vintage. And now, to the new home, eh?

Stefan then seems surprised when he heard it.

Stefan: New home?

Hubert: Children need a nest of their own, what? Place to raise their little brood, hey?

Stefan: Well, I suppose in time...

Hubert: Of course. To the home!

Of course, while they were distracted, Sir Minstrel manages to sneak himself some more wine into his glass.

Hubert: Skumps!

Stefan: Skumps!

Hubert: A toast to the home

Stefan: One grander by far than a palace in Rome

Hubert notices Stefan's glass holding nothing but foam, which he blows away then fills up with more wine.

Hubert: Let me fill up your glass, that glass was all foam.

Both: Skumps, Skumps, Skumps!

Then the now drunk Sir Minstrel plays a tune on his lute, but in a very drunk way. Then Hubert claps his hands.

Hubert: The plans!

Sir Minstrel runs up to Stefan and holds the castle's plan in front of his face and let out a hiccup.