Chapter 8: So Close! Sleeping Beauty Sleep On...

An hour later, inside the castle's throne room, King Stefan and the Queen were sitting on their throne, waiting to see their daughter for the first time in sixteen years.

Hubert: Stefan, there's something important I have to tell you.

Stefan: Not now, Hubert.

Hubert: But it's about Phillip.

Stefan: Phillip? Oh yes, of course, Phillip. Why, where is the boy?

Hubert: That's what I'm trying to tell you.

Stefan: Well, send for him immediately!

Hubert: But...

But Stefan immediately shushes him when he heard the trumpets sounded. Everyone immediately went quiet as they listen to the herald.

Herald: The sun has set! Make ready to welcome your princess!

The crowd then cheers wildly as fireworks explode in the night sky. The long sixteen years of waiting for their princess has finally ended.

Unfortunately, it will come to a sad end for the people. Because, up in the highest tower in the castle, only sorrow and sadness filled it. Inside, everyone gathered around the bed where Princess Aurora lies, under a spell of eternal sleep. Everyone was in full tears. Chopper was crying rivers of tears. Franky, Sanji and Brook cried together. Zoro was strong enough not to cry, but he too was affected as well, and he hung his head sadly. But the ones affected the most are the fairies and Luffy. Luffy began placing the mini Straw Hat dolls beside Aurora, holding back tears as he did. Tears fell from the fairies' eyes as they put a red rose in her hands. Unable to contain his tears, Luffy heads to the balcony as the crowd cheers below. Everyone else then joined him as they watch the crowd below. There was a long moment of pause until one of them finally spoke.

Fauna: Poor King Stefan and the Queen.

Merryweather: They'll be heartbroken when they find out.

Usopp: Not to mention they'll probably toss us in the dungeon for life for letting it happen.

Then no one said a word, until Flora spoke as she wipes her tears from her eyes.

Flora: They're not going to.

Merryweather: They aren't?

Nami: But how..?

Flora: We'll put them all to sleep, until Rose awakens.

Then they took of what could be their last look of Princess Aurora and they slowly close the curtains. Then everyone was quiet only for a moment.

Flora: Come.

The fairies then flew off, leaving the Straw Hats up in the tower as they put everyone to sleep. They put the sleeping spell on the guards, the crowd, even the people living in the castle. And as they did, we hear a heavenly chorus singing as if they were singing to the sleeping princess.

Chorus: Sleeping Beauty fair,

Gold of sunshine in your hair

Lips that shame the red, red rose

Dreaming of true love in slumber repose...

One day, he will come

Riding out of the dawn

And you'll awaken to love's first kiss

'Til then, Sleeping Beauty, sleep on...

One day you'll awaken to love's first kiss