Chapter 7

Elijah POV

"I don't care who his family is I want herndaz Cortez dead, And his whole family if they want to really go to war with us" I said getting off the phone with one of my business partners.

I was beyond frustrated Jaliyah was not answering the phone then my mother was  down my back about wanting grandkids like her husband don't have me running a whole organization where I can be killed at any moment. But I didn't expect much out of my parents my whole life I felt like my mother never spoke up or protected me from my dad.

I also didn't want any of my kids to have to take over and have to deal with the things I faced in my childhood. Some of the things I went through was just not worth the pain and I would never want them to have there childhood token away from them like mines was. I want my kids to live a normal life and be normal kids. Something I never got a chance to do just because I was the oldest and I was born with a big responsibility.

Flashback

10 year old Elijah had just got home from school. Once he made it into the house he walked in and saw his dad on the couch sitting down.

Elijah didn't really get to spend as much time with his dad as other kids could spend with there's. He knew his dad was a very important business man but he didn't know what his father did.

He just knew his father was a very busy man and that he was important, I mean who could miss the tall men walking around there house all the time  and standing outside for protection.

Running into the living room he tried to sneak up on his dad to catch him off guard to scare him. Creeping up behind the couch he jumped out saying "boo" his dad only glanced at him then went back to talking on the phone.

Elijah held his head down and walked up the stairs because he knew his mom would go crazy if he was walking around in his school clothes. Changing from his school clothes elijah had came back down the steps to see his father arguing with some man.

Staying in the hallway only peeking around the corner to watch from a distance.He watched his dad argue with the strange man. Finally his dad pulled out his gun pointing it into the man face.

Accidentally bumping into the wall as he tried to back up his father glanced over at him. "Come here boy, lemme show you how a man handle somebody who tries to disrespect him in his house" elijah father James said.

Walking slowly over to his father, Elijah glanced at the man who now had fear written all over his face. Once Elijah made it over to his father, James ordered his men to take the man to the warehouse. James led the way hoping in one of his cars as the cartel hoped in the vans. Elijah hop into the car getting into the backseat putting his self belt on.Which his father didn't wait for him to put on before pulling off.

Once making it to the warehouse elijah and his father got out of the car making they way into the warehouse. Elijah had never been to the warehouse and he looked around thinking this must be his father important job. Snapping out of his thoughts he kept following he dad into the basement.

Elijah entered the basement and instantly covered his nose not like the smell of the basement. He looked up seeing some of his father men bring the man down into the basement he had now had a covering over his head. Watching the men tie the man down into the chair he watched as they put chains around his feet and arms.

After the man was tied down to the chair James walked over to the man snatching the covering from on top of his head off. James began to laugh at the man as he looked around in total fear. " come here elijah" James said making Elijah walk over and stand beside his father. I want you to go and pick a knife off the table and bring it over here. Wondering what his dad could possibly want with a knife Elijah had just walked to the table grabbing a knife.

Once Elijah grabbed the knife he walked back over to his father trying to hand him the knife. James looked down at elijah and he said " stab him and kill him for me boy he disrespected me and our house". Elijah glanced at the man then back up at his father before saying " k-kill". "Yess kill him boy I don't like to repeat myself" James said back to Elijah backing away so he don't get any blood on his clothes.

Elijah looked at James backing away then into the mans eyes. Putting his head down he said "no I don't want to". As soon as those words rolled off his tongue James became heated and immediately sent blows to Elijah face and stomach for saying no to him. James called some of his men over to hold Elijah up, "Open your eyes" James yelled at elijah making him open his eyes. As soon as he did James grabbed his hand putting it around the gun pressing his hand on the trigger making shots go off into the man body.

Elijah looked at his father in horror wishing he never came to the warehouse. Watching as the men came and got the body dragging the lifeless body out of the warehouse. Elijah felt as if he had to throw up after seeing that but his whole side and stomach hurt so he knew he couldn't do that or it would hurt more. Looking down at his feet his mind some where else he didn't see his father approach him.

When James got close to elijah he punched him again and began to beat him yelling at him telling him to never tell him no again. Once the beating was over they made they way back home barely being able to walk elijah limped into the house passing by the kitchen.

As soon as his mother rose seen him she stopped what she was doing and rushed over to him to see what had happen. Elijah could barely speak his jaw was swollen and whole body hurt just to breathe.

Rose saw her husband walk into the kitchen going to the refrigerator. She spoke to James grabbing his attention" what happen to him do you see my baby, I have to take him to the doctors." James turnt around seeing Elijah hold a ice pack to his jaw. James simply said "today I had to teach him about respect and how to become a man he will be alright". Before rose could speak James walked over to her pulling her into a hug whispering into her ear.

Rose looked back at her son and over to look at him fully and see the bruises on his body. She stepped away from her husband and said " you will be ok I will give you a pill for the pain to stop and keep ice on your jaw and lay on your back not your stomach. Now go take a shower to get rid of the blood on your body."

Elijah looked at his mom and it was like she switched and became a whole different person and under 15 minutes.

After that day elijah started to become what his father called a man. An got used to his mother bipolar and how she would switch to a new person.

                               Flashback over