Chapter Six: Danger among us

She left the building the same way she came after exploring for a while, nothing else of interest but there was a lot of doors she couldn't get through as they had been sealed shut with strange solidified ooze with some really strange glowing orange blobs in it.

"Callie, we're not alone."

She looked at the radar but nothing was coming up red,

"There's nothing showing up... are you sure?"

Her ghost took a paused moment before confirming,

"There are guardians nearby. We should get out of sight."

Callie grumbled, and continued walking.

"Why should I worry about some random guardians?"

She could hear her ghost sigh,

"Because they're likely doing a job for the vanguard."

The girl looked around and over the top of a nearby building she could see a figure jumping gracefully from one crumbling roof to another. She smirked and ran towards them,

"What are you doing!"

"If they're going that way there must be more enemies, maybe I could fight alongside them! They won't know that I'm any different from them!"

"Yeah as long as you don't get scared or freeze anything... sure..."

She chuckled,

"Have a little faith, I can contain it... besides there's less to freak out about if there's a bunch of immortals around!"

she clearly had her heart set on at least trying to be involved despite the risks, and had already figured it wouldn't matter what her ghost would say against her at this point.

"Did you forget the whole bleeding black issue?! Callie, you're being reckless!"

She had caught up to them finally as they where beginning to enter a building, one getting out his ghost to open the doors, she heard them talking amongst each other.

"You guys stocked up?"

a titan asked the group while he checked over his weapon,

"Yeah, I'm running low on heavy but I've got a mod for that."

Callie slowly approached the five guardians from behind,

"Hey..."

They turned abruptly and looked at her in confusion, ti wasn't exactly against protocol or out of the ordinary to see other guardians in an area nearby a vanguard mission, but generally the guardian etiquette was to leave a working guardian or fireteam to their job.

"Uhm.. mind if I tag along? I'm not great in combat and I could really use some training..."

The two larger men chuckled,

"I didn't know hunters came in compact sizes!"

Slapping one of their hooded companions on the back as the hunter turned abruptly, holding his auto rifle against the titans chest plate,

"Don't make me waste my ammo on teaching you a lesson crayon eater!"

One wearing a helmet that looked like a crystal with a crown atop it approached her,

"This is a rough job... you sure you wouldn't rather wait till you're better prepared before taking something like this on?"

Callie shrugged, he could be telling the truth but either way what's the worst that could happen?