Accusatory Selflessness

they drive along a quite road, the minimal traffic around them flowing at a resonable pace through the dark night, the only light being from the lamp posts that lean over the highway.

Lizzy remains in the dirvers seat, with no one having moved from there positions since they hurried from Indianapolis.

Andrew for some time had been attempting to rest, his eyes relenting as he attempts to close them and block out the awkward silence that has accumulated in the front of the vehicle.

he fiddles with the bag at his feet, turning back to see the cramped passengers splayed out over one another as they get there much needed rest.

"cant sleep", Lizzy asks, diverting her eyes from the road for a second to catch a glimps at his exhausted features.

"what gave it away", he jokes, sitting himself up in his chair.

"definatly not the bags under your eyes", she sarcastically mutters.

easing a chuckle from his worn voice his eyes dance over Lizzy, his mind heavy with thought, regret and a fleeting promise of life he had been holding onto for so, so long.

there voices fade from the car, the same uncomfortable silence cursing them once again, begging for more aimless conversation to alleviate the pain of unshared words.

rubing his jaw Andrew's burnt palms become agitated by the bristles of his chine, his eyes squinting to compensate for the restrained reaction to the bordering on excruciating pain.

"Lizzy im... im really sorry", he says looking down and exhaling having got the words out after pondering on them for some time.

"you have no reason to be sorry-" , she says being interupted by Andrew.

"yes i do, i gave up on you... i stopped trying, becasue... because i thought we would never get you back... i distanced myself from you, and... and if I'd tried more, if I'd tried harder you could have been yourself, things could have just gone back to the way they were", he says, his words portraying the frustration he feels for himself.

"you cant keep blaming yourself for everything", she tells him, bringing him out of his self louthing spiral, "things happened, they were not your fault, and you did your best as you always try to do, everything wrong in this words ist Andrew Quinton's responsability", she annonces, looking to him with a compassionate smile.

her words of kindness cruise through his mind, being overshadowed by his self asserted responsibillity, and rendering the front of the car once again silent.

"do you want to her a secret", she says, breaking the silence like he had moments before.

"sure", he remarks, a forced smile on his face.

"i havent been able to use my powers since the barn", she informs, letting her words fall into faint self deprecating laughter.

"why, whats wrong", he utters, voicing his concerne.

"its not that i cant... im just... i think im scared of them, scared of using them, what i could do... last time i used them i almost hurt Abigail, i just cant", she mumbles, stumbling on her words.

placing a hand on her shoulder Andrew speaks up, "im here for you, okay, ill alw-... im here for you now", he says, stoping himself short of the words he doesnt trust to be true.

the car slows, coming to a stop at the side of the road, once fully to a stop Lizzy turns to him, Andrew's hand faling from her shoulder as she leans over wrapping her arms aroud him.

whimpers sound close to his ears as tears run down her face falling onto his back, "i love you", she says inches from his head.

squeezing her tighter, "i love you too", he addmits, all the time they had spent apart melting away from his mind, replaced with the times before, the times that she remembered so clearly now, and so did he.