chapter 12

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"so, since it's been a few days and everything seems well, you're free to go back home. the doctor already talked to you about everything, right?"

i nodded my head, looking at the wheelchair sitting beside the bed.

"alright, i just need your aunt to sign off on a few more papers and you'll be free to go."

"thank you."

i turned towards my aunt,

"not ideal, but i'm finally coming home."

"the boys will be happy, they've missed you."

"i know, i can't wait to get out of here. i hate the hospital, it feels like i've been here forever."

"well, we should be out of here soon."

not even a second later the doctor walked in, handing my aunt a few papers for her to sign,

"after you finish signing those, y/n here will be free to go home."

he turned towards me,

"how're you feeling?"

"good, it doesn't hurt as much."

"that's good to hear. just remember to take it easy for a few weeks, nothing straining and please don't try walking on your own either. i know you want to get back into volleyball, but try not to rush it."

"alright, i got it."

"and with that, you're free to go."

i slowly swung my legs off the side of the bed, pulling myself down and sitting in the wheelchair.

"is this what old people feel like?"

i asked, shifting uncomfortably,

"you're too funny y/n, you'll get used to it."

my aunt said with a small laugh, wheeling me out of the room. my leg stuck out in front of me in a bulky brace, to be honest, i looked pretty stupid.

"wait, where am i sleeping? i can't exactly go up the stairs."

She paused,

"i didn't think about that. i'll figure something out."

we drove for what seemed like forever, but finally we got back home,