chapter 3

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"boys, gather round."

i shifted my weight on my feet, leaning against the crutches, trying to keep myself upright.

"y/n decided that she would be our manager for the rest of the season."

"we look forward to working with you, y/n."

i watched as they all bowed. making my cheeks heat up.

"no need to be so formal. it's my pleasure."

i laughed a little as they stood up straight,

"alright, let's start."

"so what do you want me to do?"

"you know how to take stats, right?"

"yes, sir."

"alright, go ahead and do that. also can you stay a little bit after practice? i have to give you your uniform."

"okay."

i took a seat by the court, pulling out a notebook, writing all their names down and starting my stats. they were amazing, a great defense and not to mention their hitters. not a single ball dropped on the court, at least without anyone not trying to go for it. it was difficult to try and get all the stats in, solely because they played so quickly. But finally it came to an end.

"i'll be right there, just give me a few minutes"

"okay, we'll go to the car."

i walked back inside, running into someone and almost falling, almost. i looked up to see kita holding my arm with his other arm around my waist.

"you should be more careful y/n."

"yeah, of course. sorry."

"it's fine."

he gave a small smile before helping me up and handing me my crutches.

"see you later y/n."

"b-bye."

my face was burning in embarrassment. calm yourself, idiot! nothing happened, lets just pretend i totally didn't run into the captain, nope wasn't me. i continued towards the storage room where the coach was waiting for me.