Quitting the race?

The next day my stomach still was a little sore,but not as bad. I decided to tell Guido,since he was my partner,and needed some to talk with.

I little while later I walked up and found Guido sitting on a brick wall reading something. "Guido?" I asked. "Oh! Ciao (y/n)!" He said happily jumping off the brick wall.

I smiled a small fake smile. "Hey,what's wrong? You don't seem like your usual self." He said. "Uh yeah,well,uh. There's something I need to talk to you about." I said. "Yeah,here sit down." He said as he hopped up on the brick wall and patted the spot next to him for me to sit down.

I sighed and held my breath with my lips pressed together. He turned my face towards him with his hand and looked me in the eyes. "Hey. You know you can tell me anything,right?" He reassured me. "Yes. I know." I said as I go placed my hand on his.

"So,tell me what's bothering you." He said in a quiet tone. "Guido I-" I stared. "I think I should quit the race." I said as I looked down. "Why?" He asked scooting a little closer.

"Because last night Ercole told me that if I continued the race he would do something really bad to me. Like,really bad." I said as my eyes started to fill with tears. Guido looked a shocked.

He then wiped the tears off my face with his hand. "Hey,hey. It's ok." Hw said as he hugged me. "Guido,I'm scared." I said. He squeezed me tighter. "I know. But it's gonna be ok. And if you want to quit the race,I'll understand." Hw said with a light smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "100 percento." He said back. I smiled and sighed. "Thank you Guido." I said. "in qualsiasi momento" he said back. (It means anytime) I hugged him again and I was glad he understood.

There'll be more! Hope you liked it! Enjoy! 💓