❝-How you meet-❞

"Hey Y/n-chan?"

"Eh?"

"Did you hear? I think we're gonna have an intern soon!"

Your co-worker Ikumi, couldn't get any annoying. You didn't even know how a soft girl like her could get a job as an assassin.

"Oh really?"

"Yea! Oh and, don't tell boss I said this but... I hear he's a Zoldyck!"

Now that caught your attention and you wanted to hear more, "I'm listening.."

"Well, i'm not a hundred percent sure he'll be coming but it's most likely. Oh and, if boss thinks he's worthy enough, which I think he will be, they'll get him a job to work for us!"

"Huh.."

"Just, please don't tell boss I said anything! You weren't supposed to be informed till' later this week!"

"Don't worry your secret8s safe with me!"

You give her a reassuring thumbs up and she thanks you a million time, guess she's not all that bad.

⊱ ────── { Time Skip: Thursday Afternoon } ────── ⊰

"Oh~?"

"He'll be here tomorrow morning so make sure to come in half an hour than usual"

"What's his name??"

"Illumi Zoldyck."

"A ZOLDYCK?!"

You tried your best to act as surprised as possible due to Ikumi's promise with you.

"Yes, you'll be guiding him for a while though judging from where he comes from, it shouldn't take no longer than a few days."

"You got it!"

Then next morning you set your alarm thirty minutes earlier as said by your boss and got ready.

You usually wake up at seven and get to work by seven thirty, today you woke up at six thirty and got to work by seven ten.

"Yo, i'm here!"

"Ah Y/n, can you wait a moment here please?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

You nod and take a sit on the couch, after about twenty minutes you still hadn't been called in and got bored so you put on your earbuds, playing some music at full volume.

You figured even if you didn't hear your boss he would tap you so you didn't worry.

Ten minutes passed and still nothing. You didn't hear it but, someone had walked through the door.

"Excuse me, do you know where Mr. Hisashi is?"

You didn't hear em' and kept chillin, they got annoyed by your ignorance and went to find the boss themselves.

"Y/n?"

"Huh, what?"

"Our intern is here, please follow me."

"Yessir!"

You follow him into his office and are met with a tall man with long black hair and big black eyes.

"Y/n this is the client I told you about. I'll let you guys introduce yourselves,"

Your boss leaves the room and your left with the tall man.

"So..."

"Hi! I'm Y/n L/n! But you can call me Y/n."

"Illumi, it's nice to meet you Y/n."

"Same here!"

"Oh by the way, I asked you something in the waiting room and you didn't answer. Why is that?"

"Huh?"

You think about it for a bit then remember that you felt a presence around you, but you ignored it since it didn't seem like your bosses.

"Oh! Sorry, I couldn't hear you."

You point your earbuds that you were holding and he nods.

"How about I make it up to you?"

He hums at you, "I'll treat you to some food, whatcha want?"

"Er.. well, i've been craving some chocolate chil cookies so.."

"Great! I'll get you some cookies, it's on me!"

"Oh, well if it's not too much trouble,"

"No worries! Got plenty of money to spare, now let's go!!"

"Now?"

"Yes!"

He was gonna say something else but you stop him by dragging him out and shoving him in the car.

The rest of morning you guys chat and get to know each other over some cookies.

A/N:

I re-wrote did this since I felt like the first one was missing some stuff.

Have a great day/night!! <333