Are you kidding me?

Read a thousand books and your words will flow like a river.
-Virginia Wolf

Bella Dallas~

" Are you kidding me?! What have you signed up for, Bella? " Cameron gawked at me sideways as if I had suddenly put something like 'I'm-pregnant' bomb on him.

Just kidding!

I looked in front as he speeded off to Luca's condo where I currently lived. Cameron didn't allow me to go back alone and I couldn't just tell him to drop me off at a random address. So I ended up telling him about my job, which resulted in him getting all riled up.

" I know what I've got myself into. But there is no pulling back Cam. " I tried to explain it to him in the nicest way possible.

" Why can't you just leave this job of babysitting-the-billionaire? And frankly, I didn't like him that much. He's just so full of himself. "

Cam went on talking bad about Luca. I can't blame him though. And I definitely can't give him the information that Luca is a manwhore.

" Cam. You can't just make me pull out of this job. You just can't believe what his grandma has done for me. She paid all my loans and she's also giving me a monthly salary for babysitting her grandson. And I can continue my studies with this money. " I tried to make it clear to him that I was not gonna give away this job.

I got out of the car and walked to his condo. I had a shared key, which Luca gave me.

" Please make yourself at home. " I tried to ease the tension and laughed a little, which just made it more awkward.

I walked into the kitchen to get him some water since he refused coffee.

I grabbed a bottle of cold water from the fridge and walked back to the living room.

" Here. " I gave him the bottle and walked back to get myself something to drink. I poured some orange juice and drank. I washed my glass and Cam walked in. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

I could see Cam stepping nigher, invading my personal space. What is he doing? I looked at him and he was staring at me.

" Bella. I don't know if it's the right time, but I can't wait anymore. " He looked into my eyes and I nodded him to continue.

" Bella, I like you. I truly like you. I liked you the moment our friendship grew. You evaded my thoughts from dusk till dawn. Could you give me a chance Bella? " Cam looked at me expectantly and I stood there like a pole.

Should I give him a chance? Well, Luca would just break my heart if I tell him that I love him. He would just glare at me and maybe comment 'fuck off'.

" Bella? " He shook my shoulders. I looked at him, not uttering a word.

Be with someone who loves you. Not with someone whom you love.