Chapter 17

Trying to post twice in one day, got a swim meet tomorrow and I want to die.

Also say hello to my new profile pic, or she'll put a bullet through your head. (jk jk, don't kill me)

________________________________________________________________________________

The word clanged through her head, 'Dead? How?' She could feel her blood pounding her her ears, making it hard to hear anyone else.

Blackheart had gone stiff, his blazing eyes widened. "We got out of there in case whatever killed them was still there so we came to find you, we thought you might want to see the bodies but we recommend bringing some warriors in case the murderer is still there." Patchstep said.

"Shadowpaw," Blackheart said, his voice strained, "Go find three warriors and bring them to the Moonpool." He turned to the Thunderclan warriors, "Take me to the bodies."

Blackheart cast a stern glance over his shoulder as the three Thunderclan warriors took off, and he followed close behind. Shadowpaw turned around and bolted off into the tree, forgetting the prey they had hunted.

It only took a matter of minutes to reach camp, bursting in and halting in the middle of the clearing, where Raventalon and Talonclaw's bodies have already been cleared away and buried. Multiple pairs of eyes turned to look as her as she stood in the camp clearing, her chest heaving from running through the territory.

"Shadowpaw? What's wrong?" Glancing up, Shadowpaw's blurred vision focused on Rockfang, who was walking towards her from exiting the nursery, probably visiting his mate and kits.

It took her a few seconds to gulp in more mouthfuls of air and finally gasp out, "Crowwing and Foxstripe are dead, Blackheart told me to gather up a few warriors and meet him at the Moonpool."

In the corner of her vision, she could see Eagleflight and Scarface padding towards her, their ears perked in interest. Hollowbranch had also started towards her from the mouth of her den.

Rockfang didn't even question her, he just turned towards his brothers and the medicine cat, "You heard her, lets go." He snapped turning back to Shadowpaw and said, "Stay here and rest." before he turned away and raced for the camp entrance, his brothers and Hollowbranch on his tail.

Shadowpaw itched to follow them but as Shadepaw raced to her side before she almost collapsed, her mind was racing and her breath was fast and uneven, 'Who killed them? Why would you kill them?' Her mind pounded as more questions filled her head and her paws longed to race back out into the forest after the warriors.

Ultimately, Shadowpaw let her sister lead her to the apprentices den, and didn't argue as her vision blurred and the dark pulled her under.

Scarface

Scarface's paws pounded against the ground, the force vibrating through his legs all the way to his head as he followed his brothers through the territory, hanging slightly back to stay by Hollowbranch's side, the medicine cat wasn't as fit at the three warriors.

It only took a few minutes to finally burst out of the treeline and onto the beach, passing the Skyclan border and racing in the direction of the Moonpool.

Scarface's legs already ached and he realized Rockfang was already breathing heavily, as the two had spent most of their time with Whitepatch now, and Scarface already loved his nephews more than life. Eagleflight on the other hand, looked absolutely fine, he had only visited his nephews twice, and constantly trained and hunted, and always stayed in shape.