Chapter 12

Here is a picture of the same people in picture in the last chapter, its Melkor and Mairon, more commonly known as Morgoth and Sauron. (Art is by MelkorWasHere on Tumblr)

AND YES I SHIP THEM! SUE ME!

________________________________________________________________________________

The next few mooms passed in a blur, Shadowpaw got caught up training, pushing all other matters out of the way to become the best warrior possible.

Every night she would wake up in the dark forest, it didn't matter if she wanted to be their or not. Every day she trained, she could feel herself getting stronger, and faster. But her muscles ached every day, and during the day she had become sloppy due to her constant training at night.

Dawnstar had eased off on her training during the day, letting her rest as he could see the tiredness in her eyes every day as she stumbled through camp, her paws sometimes barely above to support her.

Shadepaw had also had a jump with her training, which had surprised Sunlight, and the two sisters seemed to be pulling ahead of Nettlepaw and Fernpaw at a quick pace.

Shadowpaw now sat outside the apprentices den, her eyes heavy and her shoulders aching and she bent down her head and tore into the shrew at her paws. Her eyes were only half open, but she was aware of Dawnstar watching her from the other side of the clearing.

His unnerving icy cold gaze didn't leave her, and Shadowpaw tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible as she occasionally glanced up to see if Dawnstar was still watching her. Of course, he was, his light brown tail-tip twitching as he kept his cool, calm eyes fixed on her.

The cool setting of leaf-fall was settling in, and prey was starting to become scarcer, so Shadowpaw had started working overtime to prove herself a good warrior by keeping the clan fed.

She had specifically started helping Whitepatch, who was now heavy with kits that were due any day now. Shadowpaw would spend most of her time hunting for Whitepatch and the elders.

'I wonder if I would be able to train one of her kits when I'm a warrior?' Shadowpaw thought, gulping down the last bite of the shrew.

She had never given the thought of being a mentor much thought, but now that she had pushed ahead with her training, she felt herself wanting to train younger cats more often. Then again, as she got older, she started thinking more about her future, her life as a warrior, and maybe, staring a family.

Her thoughts were cut off as she saw Rockfang and Scarface hurry over to their father with a sense of urgency as they spoke to the Shadowclan leader.

Shadowpaw strained her ears to see if she could hear them but she was too far away, and before she could move closer, Dawnstar beckoned his sons to follow him and they disappeared into the leader's den.

A sense of curiosity took over Shadowpaw, telling her to spy on them, to try to hear what they were saying, but before she could do anything else, Rockfang emerged from the leader's den and made his way over to her.

"Come with me." He said bluntly, glancing around to see if anyone was watching. Shadowpaw perked her ears and rose to her paws, excitement and worry coursing through her.

As they padded over to the leader's den, time seemed to slow down, Shadowpaw's senses were overwhelmed by worry, wondering what Dawnstar wanted to talk to her about.

When Shadowpaw pushed her way into the den though the mossy covering, she almost froze in her tracks as she felt the burning gazes of Scarface and Dawnstar singing her pelt.