Chapter 21

Now that the rest of my summer is free (6 days a week anyway) I will be mostly free to write so hopefully I can publish more of these chapters and get working on my actual books and more fanfics (because I have like 5 new works ready for me to work on).

Regarding the text above this (swear warning) "So that was a fucking lie."

I actually had no motivation and spent some time grieving as tried to get out of my reading slump and writers block, so now I'm back and cranking out the start of a new book and more chapters in a matter of hours lets go.

I feel like I'm jumping around with the seasons, because I have no idea what season this is, and I just feel like its leaf-fall.

________________________________________________________________________________

Scarface's POV

Leaving Eagleflight at the Skyclan border, Scarface and Hollowbranch made their way through the top of Skyclan and Thunderclan territory, with little to no disturbance.

Only once a Thunderclan patrol saw them but didn't feel inclined to stop, question, or even speak to them. They only dipped their heads in respect, already informed of the situation, and left them to continue their journey.

For the most part, the journey was silent, Hollowbranch only commenting once to over her condolences about his father's death, as they had been too busy to catch up.

Though this was not Scarface's idea of two old friends catching up.

For a moment, Scarface took it upon himself to admire the surroundings to distract him. The tall oak trees of Thunderclan territory only grew more bountiful the deeper Thunderclan territory went, and the tree leaves had begun to change color, red, oranges, and yellows painted the canopy and floor as some leaves had already fallen.

The words that were spoken merely a few nights ago still haven't completely sunk in, and Scarface was unsure if they would until he was standing in front of the pool. He was leader, something he used to say he would become when he was a kit, and be put down by his own brother, saying he'd never be leader.

He forgave Eagleflight for that a long time ago, when his brother had come to him in tears, 12 moons after their mother had died, and begged his forgiveness, claiming that he was saddened by their mother's death and didn't know how to express it.

Eagleflight may be a bitter warrior, who could be egotistical and stern, but he was strong and loyal, and in the end, admitted his faults, even it must take some time for him to come to terms with his own actions.

"We're here." Hollowbranch's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and he glanced over the clearing, where a large pool lay, seemingly sparking with the stars even with trees blocking some of the moonlight.

He was at a loss of words, it was by far the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, surpassing the stunning leaf-fall sunsets and leaf-bare mornings he loved watching.

"You should see your face." Hollowbranch smiled at him, and he offered a weak smile in return, barely able to take his eyes off the moonpool. For a moment he remembered the days as apprentices and young warriors without a proper care in the world, and he felt much older than only about 35 moons old.

Hollowbranch stepped down into the clearing, the bright pool reflection turning her black fur a shining silver. Scarface dropped down beside her, taking a deep breath as he neared the pool, glancing back at his friend, who only nodded and sat down, waiting.

Laying down beside the pool, he leaned in and slowly touched the pool with his nose, for a moment watching the ripples spread out across the serene pool. Closing his eyes, he let himself relax, awaiting Starclan to sweep him away from the mortal plain where his body rested.