Chapter 14

That's me, I'm the new writer, I have so many random side characters I just love making their own stories and just blending them into the main plot.

But sometimes, I just like to get rid of characters just because I can >:)

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Today we'll be dueling to see how much you have learned these past couple moons." Darkspirit called out, the group of cats below him shifting excitedly.

Shadowpaw shuffled her paws nervously, though she didn't doubt any of her fighting skills or Redheart's teaching skills, she had to admit she was terrified of what would happen if her opponents decided to show no mercy.

"Who will go first." Thistleclaw snarled, his burning gaze scorching ever cat's pelt as he scoured over the group of cats below.

Most of the new cats lowered their heads as Thistleclaw's gaze landed on them, and Shadowpaw shut her eyes tightly, praying to Starclan not to have him pick on her.

"You." The soft growl of Thistleclaw rang through her ears, and flickering her eyes open, she looked up, coming face-to-face with the gray and white scarred face of Thistleclaw.

'Oh shit.' Shadowpaw cursed in her mind, 'Now I know praying to Starclan has no power.' She grumbled in her mind but did not protest as Thistleclaw dragged her forward as the rest of the cats formed a circle around her.

Glancing up at her father, Shadowpaw was worry flickering in the depths of Darkspirit's amber orbs, but it quickly vanished as Thistleclaw beckoned Raventalon forward with a flick of his tail.

'Why isn't Darkspirit worried?' Shadowpaw thought, Raventalon may be getting old, and he may be small, but he was swift and clever, and was probably one of the most strategic cats in Shadowclan, not to mention he was the brother of Dawnstar and had Talonclaw as a bodyguard.

Slowly, Raventalon started circling Shadowpaw, his long claws flexing in and out. Shadowpaw shuddered, watching Raventalon's claws, her was famous for those, known to have ripped out a badger's eye when he was only an apprentice, he may look weak, but you should never underestimate someone like Raventalon.

Before Shadowpaw could knock herself into the present rather than dwelling on the stories of the warriors of Shadowclan's past, Raventalon lunged at her, knocking her over easily with surprising force.

Shadowpaw cried out as Raventalon sank his claws into her shoulders, pushing her to the ground, pinning her easily, despite their size similarities.

She was vaguely aware of many pairs of eyes watching the older cat kick her ass. She could feel the disappointment from Redheart and Darkspirit, the shame from Shadepaw, and the smirks from Thistleclaw and Russetclaw.

There was one determined look she could feel on her pelt, one coming from Blackheart, his eyes like fire, penetrating her fur, her skin, filling her with strength and determination.

With a low growl, Shadowpaw reeled back her paws and batted Raventalon's stomach with full force, flinging him off as he stumbled backwards, his face twisted with sudden shock at the severe blow.

Raventalon stumbled back, doubling over in pain, his eyes wide. Shadowpaw quickly rolled to her side, rising to her paws to meet the gaze of Darkspirit.

He was smiling, not a proud smile that his daughter was becoming a formidable fighter or anything like that, but a cruel smile, as if he enjoyed the look of pain creeping across the other Shadowclan warrior's face.

That was a smile to be scared of.

"Well," Darkspirit did give Shadowpaw any moment to dwell on his emotions, " Are you going to finish the duel." He snarled, gesturing to the crouching black tom behind her.

Turning around, before she could react, a massive tom stepped forward from the crowd and in front of her, "Darkspirit, there is no need for her to claim victory through death, he's clearly beaten." Talonclaw said, his voice deep like a growl.

Darkspirit actually took a second to ponder this, but he did not answer the scarred pale brown tabby, he only turned his amber gaze to Raventalon, "Tell me, Raventalon. Would you rather die fighting, or live on in shame of being beaten by a weak apprentice."

Shadowpaw flinched at her father's harsh words, taking a small pace back from Talonclaw, quite aware that if her father said the wrong thing, the massive tom wouldn't hesitate to hurt her.

"Talonclaw, back off, it's okay," Raventalon said, looking up, meeting Darkspirit's gaze, "I would rather live, so I can die fighting a real threat to my clan."

Darkspirit's eyes flickered with surprise, "You're loyal to your clan?" He growled quietly, just loud enough for Raventalon to hear, "I believe I was aware that you betrayed your clan."

Raventalon smiled, but there was something different, his mouth was stained red, red with blood. "You dumb bitch." He snarled, his blue eyes glittering with triumph.

"Blackheart." Darkspirit snapped, his eyes glittering with anger, darkening to a deep red, bloodlust lighting his dark gaze.

Shadowpaw froze, suddenly aware of the chaos about to erupt among the Dark Forest warriors, all because of a simple duel.

"Shadowpaw get out of here!" Blackheart demanded, dropping into a crouch, and without giving Shadowpaw time to think, flung himself towards Talonclaw, who was directly behind her.

Without another thought, Shadowpaw shut her eyes, hoping to awake in her nest from a nightmare, and a sickening feeling made her feel like Blackheart was going to knock her back into the Dark Forest.

Her eyes fling open, and she glanced around, the dark, gloomy light of twilight peeking through the entrance to the apprentices den.

Jumping to her paws, she felt Shadepaw do the same next to her, and the two exchanged wide glances. "What the hell are you doing up?" Neetlepaw mumbled, "You woke me up." He groaned.

"Raventalon." Shadowpaw murmured, ignoring Neetlepaw's protest. Jumping out of her nest, she bounded out of the apprentices den and rushed towards the warriors den.

Pushing her way into the warriors den, the soft scent of blood hit her nose. Narrowing her eyes, Shadowpaw glanced around for Raventalon's nest. She finally caught sight of the black tom near the entrance of the warriors den.

Rushing to his side, she crouched next to him and shook Raventalon, suddenly aware of blood staining the moss around his parted jaws.

"He's dead." Shadepaw whispered from behind Shadowpaw, casting a shadow over her. "Hmm?" A mumble came from the nest beside Raventalon, which was occupied by Hawkcry.

The mottled tom quickly jumped to his paws as he must have caught the scent of blood. "What's wrong." He said, glancing around at the two apprentices at the entrance of the den.

"Raventalon's dead."

After such a damn long wait, finally, I got this stupid chapter out, sorry I've been so tied up with school.

I kind of had to cut this chapter short, I didn't have enough time to keep writing but I will try to get the next chapter out as soon as I can.