Eye Of The Hurricane

~Leeteuk's P.O.V~

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since everyone has been on edge.

Two weeks since I lashed out at a female fan.

Two weeks since Jinmee's looked me in the eyes.

No one's bothered to make a sound. The video that a fan took had, of course, been posted for the world to see.

Now, I was paying for what I did, not that I regretted it.

Fans surrounded the SM building holding signs of protests and demanding an apology. Funny how they call me an angel, yet I acted like a demon.

I rose from my spot in bed, letting my feet fall lazily to the floor. I grabbed my Knight, my current comfort in the world, and walked unwillingly out of the darkness of my room, closing the door behind me.

I walked to the living room and plopped down onto the sofa next to a sleeping Sungmin. I scanned the living room for the person I wanted to see most but returned my eyes to the TV in disappointment.

I knew she wouldn't be here.

She's been avoiding staying at the dorm like it was contaminated with the most deadly disease. She wakes up early in the morning, gets her and Donghae ready, takes the taxi to the café, and doesn't come back until she knows we're all gone or asleep.

How do I know all this? I've spent my time following her to work when I wasn't holed up in my "pit of darkness"; the name Little Sea had given my room.

I was snapped from my thoughts when I heard a door open and close. I looked up to see who would come and smiled a bit.

"Teukie hyung!" Little Sea yelled, jumping into my arms when I held them out.

"Annyeong, Little Sea. Did you have fun with eomma at work?" I asked, plastering the best smile I could manage onto my face.

"I did. The ahjumma gave me a lot of food to eat, and it was all delicious!"

"Was it better than Uncle Wookie's cooking?" Ryeowook asked, emerging from his own room.

"Nothing can beat Uncle Wookie!" Donghae yelled.

The both of us laughed when a voice interrupted.

"And I hope Uncle Wookie has something good in mind for lunch," Jinmee said.

I stared at her, following her every move. It had been a while, two weeks, since we'd had a proper conversation. Every time I tried, she'd find an excuse to avoid talking at all costs like she would be in grave danger if she uttered a word to me.

"Aren't you home really early? You usually stay at work until after we've had dinner," Ryeowook said.

"I feel so welcomed. Ahjumma let me go home early because of the storm heading our way," she answered.

As they say, with spring showers come May flowers.

There was supposed to be a big storm heading our way, and it was obvious it would start soon judging by the rumbling thunder and bright lightning strikes.

"You got home just in time then. It looks like it's about to start pouring," I said quietly.

She nodded, not looking at me and turning to Ryeowook.

"I'll change and help with lunch," she said, leaving before he could even answer.

I sighed, setting Little Sea on the floor and falling into the couch.