Chapter 26

Kita sat quietly next to Aran, until the taller boy broke the silence, "is there something going on between you and Kiyoko?"

"No", Kita replied, "why would you think that?" "You both looked so 'together' today". "No, there's nothing going on. Her father and my father are good friends. They met in college, dad wanted me to check on her as she lost her grandmother a few weeks ago and they were extremely close so she's struggling a little". "Oh OK, I'm sorry, I just thought that I was too late". "Too late, for what?" the Captain replied.

Kiyoko was half way back to her room when she saw an extremely sad looking Tanaka sat on a bench alone so she walked over and sat next to him. "Are you ok", she asked quietly.  "I'm fine", he answered. "You're obviously not", she responded with concern. "Why do you girls always go with the pretty boy type? I would do anything in my power to make you happy but being a nice guy who really cares about you isn't enough. I can't do this anymore" and with that he stood up and walked away.

As the shaven headed boy walked away he thought, I can't believe that I said that to her but being like this is making me miserable. He decided that he needed to get off the site for a little while and walked out of the gates into the darkness.

"Aran, what did you mean by too late?" Kita asked. "I suppose there's no point hiding it any further", the boy replied, "I've been in love with you since last year and I know you don't feel the same way but I needed to get it out there". "Who said that I don't feel the same way" Kita replied to his shocked team mate, "because I do". Aran put his arm around him and pulled him closer before kissing him gently,  "will you be my boyfriend Kita" "yes of course I will" he replied happily.

Kiyoko was awoken early the next morning by banging on her door, she got to the door to see Suga and Daichi looking decidedly worried, "everyone needs to get dressed immediately and come to the gym

Kiyoko was awoken early the next morning by banging on her door, she got to the door to see Suga and Daichi looking decidedly worried, "everyone needs to get dressed immediately and come to the gym. Tanaka's missing". She shouted the other girls to get up and within 10 minutes everyone was in the gym, not just Karasuno, all of the teams were ready to search for him.

"Who saw him last," coach Ukai asked. Everyone looked around and Kiyoko sobbed, "it was me. He was in a really strange mood and he was obviously upset but I didn't stop him. He kept saying that girls only go for pretty boy types and not the nice, caring guys... oh my God this is my fault". She could feel the tears running down her cheeks, "please make him be ok".

The Karasuno boys hugged her, "Kiyoko san, it's not your fault" Hinata said softly rubbing her back, "we'll find him, don't worry"