~What Used to Be~ pt. 3

"Hello?"

There was no response. Nothing to be heard but the sound of uneven breathing and the faint patter of rain falling to the ground.

His face turned towards the direction of his bedroom window, feeling like his thoughts of it raining on the other side needed to be validated by the rain on his. Sure enough, the harsh tapping of rain against his own window confirmed it, a loud booming doing the job as well. San didn't even know what he was doing; at this point, it felt like he was distracting himself from the inevitable.

He slowly turned his head back to stare at his lap, him fiddling with his finger nails in the process.

"Wooyoung?" The name had slipped from San's mouth like butter against marble flooring. It's what his heart told him to say, though there was no verbal indication that he was in fact correct. But just listening to those soft breaths fanning into the speaker, a few sniffles accompanying them, were like a silent plea for help. That silent plea that he had almost became familiar with.

And the slight hitch of breath on the other line was enough confirmation for San that his guess was truth.

"Wooyoung..where are you?" San questioned while trying to keep his voice in stable condition, but the constant feeling of his chest tightening that left no loose room, was hard to accomplish that stability.

Passing seconds felt like an eternity of waiting for San. He couldn't deny the sense of feeling like an idiot creeping up on him. It felt desperate, he felt desperate to hear Wooyoung's voice. The words that would be an attempt for the two to get back on track. But he had no shame when it came to the other, not when it came to this.

"The.." San felt his ears twitch in excitement at the sudden sound of the familiar voice. It was clear to him that the other male was struggling to find his words. And as excited as he was, he remained patient.

"...The same place you found me again."

The voice was way more hushed in tone. Their was no more excitement for San, only despair. The initial shock was gone, and like before, he could here the sadness riddling Wooyoung's voice, as if the sniffles he had heard when he had first picked up the phone weren't enough.

Wooyoung needed his help, he needed it and was finally asking for it. But something's behind this plea, something traumatic. Something that he can't explain himself unless it was explained to him. It was driving San insane. But whether he had a sack worth of questions, Wooyoung needed somebody.

"Don't move from where you are Woo, okay?" San said with a firm gentleness.

He heard a heavy inhale in his ear, before it was followed by a muttered "..okay..."

Hanging up the phone, grabbing his shoes, running out of the door of his house to hop into his car, it was all a blur for San. Maybe because it wasn't important enough for his brain to want to try to register. He was only focused on where his heart was taking him.

It was funny, really. How his heart and mind could disagree so often about the most simplistic decisions in life, sometimes causing him to do things he would regret either instantly or later on in the future, but they both were simultaneously agreeing on one thing at the moment. Only one person. And he was fine with that.

The windshield wipers were trying hard to do their assigned jobs, fighting off the rain so San's mind and vision weren't one in the same. Fuzzy.

The black and red striped awning had soon came into view. The twenty minute drive felt like two, but he guess he would just have to blame that on his urgency. His eyes scanned across the area below the awning, hoping he would eventually see the one he was searching for. His chest became heavy when that sight wasn't coming into view.