Focus

POV: Zach

It's been a few days since everyone had met Lena.

She fit in with the band perfectly and I know that made Jack happy since we're all his brothers and our approval definitely means a lot to him, especially with someone as important to him as Lena is.

Despite them only knowing each other for 48 hours.

I know Jack had texted Lena the day after our dinner, but she hasn't seen the messages or responded.

She's been MIA since she pulled out of the parking lot and I could tell Jack was worried.

Every time his phone buzzed or dinged he jumped to look at it before sighing in disappointment and sulking back into his chair.

He'd been like this the whole weekend, but it was Monday again and we needed him focused for rehearsals.

I got up from the couch and grabbed Jacks arm and pulled him off the couch.

"Hey! Wh- where are you taking me?!" He asks and looks around, confused.

He fought against me and tried to get back to grab his phone.

"Meet you guys at the studio!" I shout over Jacks protests and grab my car keys and drag him out to Cammy. (A/N: heh- iykyk🦑)

I get him in the passenger seat and lock the doors before running around to the drivers side, unlocking just my door and getting in.

Jack was slumped down in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest and a big pout on his face as he stared forward.

"You are such a baby!" I laugh at him and start the car and pull out of the driveway.

He pouts more and stares out the window, refusing to look at me or say anything.

I look over at him and sigh as we get closer to the secret destination I was taking Jack to.

"She's probably just busy with work or something and forgot to text or she lost her phone but she definitely does NOT hate you so get that outta your head and help me remember everyone's coffee orders" I stare at him with my serious face after parking the car in the coffee shops lot.

He rolls his eyes and gets out of the car without a word and starts walking inside.

"Pain in the ass" I mutter to myself before getting out and running after him.

~~~~~~~~~

Just before we started rehearsing, we were all sitting around drinking our coffees to wake up, well, everyone but Daniel who had apple juice.

Jack was just staring at his coffee with a blank expression on his face, today was not gonna be a good day and we all knew it.

I look around at all the guys, trying to see if any of them had an idea on how to help make Jack feel better.

Daniel looks at me and picks up his phone and kinda waves it, telling me to pick up mine so we could text instead of talking.

Daddy Dani😚:
what if we took him to that place
where they first met, maybe she'd
go back to try and find him again?

Me:
that might work, i seriously doubt she'd intend to ignore him like this.

Daniel puts his phone down and nods and I move closer to Jack.

"Hey..." I whisper quietly, looking around at the boys.

Jack half glances at me before looking back at his coffee.

I take the glance as an acknowledgment to continue talking.

"If you can make it through today being focused enough that it doesn't piss Randy off, Daniel and I will go with you to find her and figure out what happened, deal?" I look over at him nervously.

He nods slowly and stands up.

"Let's get this done with" he sighs and walks over to the instruments.

~~~~~~~~~

Throughout the day I had to nudge Jack and give him little whisper reminders.

"Focus"
"One more song"
"Almost done then we'll find her"

He would nod every time to acknowledge me but he never spoke a word besides singing.

~~~~~~~~

Finally we were done and allowed to go home or do whatever we wanted.

Jack grabbed his stuff and ran out to my car.

I walk out a few minutes later with Daniel and see him leaning against it and impatiently bouncing his foot.

Daniel goes to his Tesla as Jack and I get in my corvette.

"Where'd you meet her?" I look at Jack as I start the car.

He responded with two simple words and with that, we drove off.