Chapter 4

We walk out of the airport, with our bags, and we call a taxi. Well, two taxis, since only three could fit in one.

"I'm riding with Adrien!" Loba says when the taxis arrive.

"What?" Ansel and I say in unison.

"What? You two were getting along fine on the plane!" She says, laughing at our faces.

"I don't even know French!" I yell as Adrien and Loba get in the first taxi.

"We're staying at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée!" She yells just before her taxi leaves.

"Hello, my name is Antonio. I will be your driver today, how may I help you?" The taxi driver surprises us with English.

"Oh, uh, well, we're supposedly staying at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée?" I say in a question.

"I saw your friends leave you. Now you don't look very comfortable with each other. I suppose that you do not enjoy each other's company?" We look to each other, shocked, before looking back to Antonio.

"You're spot on, Monsieur." I say.

"Well, I enjoy her company." Ansel mumbles once we're in the car, not knowing that I could hear him.

We arrive at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée, and we see the other two lovebirds at the front gates, waiting on us. I pay Antonio, and thank him for being so sweet.

"Finally! Do you see how beautiful it is here? I could literally die here!" Loba says as she runs around, touching anything and everything.

"Yeah, it really is beautiful." I say, walking up to her. Ansel and Adrien engage in conversation while we fangirl over the little statues on the gate.

*Ansel's POV*

"Bro, you really should just talk to her." Adrien tells me.

"Yeah, except you forgot the part where she hates me." I say, throwing my hands around for more emphasis.

"She doesn't hate you, she just has a few anger issues along with anxiety and probably some depression. She's always been like that, even before you became my friend. Hey, remember how on the plane you hugged her, and held her hand? She didn't back away from you, she accepted it. She just has to warm up to you. Let it happen naturally." He replies, putting a hand on my shoulder.

*Vix's POV*

"What're we talking about over here?" Loba asks.

"Bro stuffs." Adrien replies, looking at Ansel's pained face. I wonder if he's okay? He did help me when I wasn't. Maybe I could help him?

"Hey, you good?" I ask, too quiet for the couple to hear me.

"Yeah, just peachy, Princess." He replies with an obvious fake smile.

"You don't have to lie, ya know. I know what it's like to be not okay. You know what it's like when I'm not okay. It's okay to show weakness sometimes." I say to him.

"Sure, Princess. Showing weakness isn't a very good thing. Especially when you were taught to always be strong, even when you don't want to be." He replies, hanging his head.

"What idiot taught you that?!" I ask, a little louder than I meant to, but the couple just keep flirting.

"My mother taught me that. She said that when my father would- nevermind." He says, turning away from me.