Chapter 17

We get to the Opera house for some reason, and step inside.

"What are we doing here?" Ansel asks, my arm wrapped around his.

"We're here for a ball. My mother went here when she was younger, and she gets invited to these things all the time. This time, she asked if she could send her daughter and three friends, they agreed. So, we're here now." She says, walking through a set of giant doors.

"Ansel..." I say, gripping his arm. There are a lot of people here, I don't know if I'll be able to hold a panic attack down if one comes up.

"Shh, it's okay Princess. Just breathe, and focus on me." He says, pulling me closer. My breathing had already started to accelerate, and I felt my heart beat faster. Loba and Adrien look back to me, knowing about my fear of people. They sigh once they see Ansel helping out.

"It's.... It's not working." I mumble, starting to see spots. "Ansel, we have to go outside." I say, tugging his arm. "I don't want to make a scene." I breathe out. Ansel sighs, and pulls me into a side hall, where I automatically fall to my knees. Ansel bends down, and strokes my face.

"It's okay, you're okay." He says. I'm holding the tears and screams back as much as possible, but I know that the doors aren't soundproof.

"I... Can't... Hold it... In." I grit out. The spots are getting bigger. I almost can't see Ansel. Then, I can't see anything at all. Everything goes dark.

*Ansel's POV*

Vix falls onto my lap, unconscious. I don't know what was going through her head, but she wasn't able to breathe very well, and she kept having to force her words out, almost as if she was trying to hold back. This is the worst I've seen her.

A man walks by us, and looks at me. "Um, sir? Do you speak English?" I ask. He looks at me funny, before walking away.

Fuck!

I pick Vix up bridal style, and carry her to a chair. I start hitting her face softly, making her groan a little bit.

Yes! Is she waking up?

She groans again when I pat her cheek a few more times, and then I start shaking her. She pulls her head up, and I sigh in relief.

"Oh my God, I thought you were hurt!" I say, feeling my cheeks get wet. I'm crying? I never cry.

"I'm- I'm fine." She mumbles. "Can we go back in? I want everyone to enjoy themselves." She whispers.

"Are you sure?" I ask. She nods. I shrug, and help her back up. She's able to stand up fine.

We walk back in through the doors, Adrien and Loba are no where to be seen. Vix leans on my arm, and stares at the floor, using me as a guide.

"Do you drink champagne?" I ask softly. Her head shoots up to me.

"They have that here? Can I have some?" She asks. I guess that's a yes. I smile, and grab two glasses, handing one to her.

Three glasses later, she's tipsy enough to have forgotten about most of the people, and she was pulling me around, looking for Loba. At least she's nice enough to excuse herself past them. Loba and Adrien are in a far corner, talking about something.

We walk up, and Loba looks up. "Oh my God, I didn't know where you were!" She says.

"Well, I had a panic attack, but before it could really start, I passed out!" Vix says. I see she's pretty talkative when given alcohol.

"Really?" Loba looks at me, and I nod slowly. "You. Let. Her. Pass. Out?" She asks through clenched teeth.

"I didn't let her, she just said that she had to leave, so we went to an empty hall, and she started breathing funny, then I tried to tell her to breathe, before she just collapsed." I argue.

"Oh my God, how long was she out?" Loba ask, taking a hand through her almost straight hair.

"I don't know, about a minute." I say, grabbing Vix's hand to keep her from grabbing another glass of champagne.

"Okay, that's good. She should be good. Last time this happened, she spent a few days in the hospital." Loba turns to Adrien, and signals something to him. He nods, and walks to the nearest table, grabbing three glasses of wine.

He brings the glasses to our little table, and gives one to Loba, and one to me, keeping one for himself.

"What about me?" Vix asks, trying to grab my drink.

"You've had enough. If you want, when we leave, we can stop at the liquor store and grab some wine and vodka there." Loba says, smiling.

"Yus. Can we leave?" She asks, and we all laugh at her.

"Vodka, huh?" I ask Loba.

"Yeah, she has a thing for whipped cream vodka and sweet tea." Loba says, smiling at her best friend.

"Not bad, not bad. I'm more of a rum person." I say, and Adrien slaps the table, making the women jump.

"Yes, a man of good tastes." He says laughing at the girls' reaction.

"Fine, we can get rum, too." Loba says, rolling her eyes. "But we can't drink too much, we're going to the paris-plages tomorrow." She says.

Ooh, I get to see Vix in a bathing suit. I bet that'd be a good sight to see. Then again, other guys would look at her.

"Yes, she'll be wearing a bikini. I can see your face asking the question." Loba says without emotion.

"I wasn't thinking that, but I was about to." I mumble.

"Your face is very readable." She shrugs. "Anyways, Vix looks like she's ready to murder the planet with her eyes, so let's go." Loba stands, Adrien after her, and I pull Vix along, promising her alcohol. She smiles suddenly, and starts pulling me along.

We walk to the liquor store, and grab the drinks we need. We had to show each of our IDs, since we all apparently look too young. Then, we make it to the hotel, Vix automatically grabbing the bottle of vodka, and grabbing the jug of sweet tea from the fridge.

She mixes her up a drink, about a third  of it being vodka. I just get a small glass, and put some rum in it, Adrien doing the same actions. Loba just shakes her head, and grabs a wine glass.

I drink about five glasses before my vision gets too blurry for me to see. Loba had put music on, most of it either Eminem or NF. Honestly, they sound like the same people to me.

Vix is sitting on the balcony, drinking her fourth drink. I'm sure she'll pass out soon, so I walk out, finding her singing sloppily to the world. She sings Secrets by One Republic. If she was sober, it would sound beautiful. She has an obvious natural singing voice. I'll have to get her to sing o me one day.

I pull her inside, and lay her on the bed. Adrien was already passed out on the couch, and Loba was almost sober.

"You going to sleep, Pretty Boy?" She asks, I nod. "Mmn. I will in a little bit, but don't blame me when you wake up hearing Vix puke in a bucket next to you." I look at her quickly, making my head spin. "Kidding. She's pretty good about getting it to the bathroom." She lays down on her bed, setting the wine glass down next to her on the bedside table.

I can't help but fall asleep to the sweet sounds of Vix's light snores.