Chapter 38

Branch stares at Poppy confused as Poppy does the same towards her. Poppy doesn't understand that usually men are not themselves on the first date? But, he's a man and Branch doesn't doubt the idea that Poppy went on dates! How could he not understand?

" You can't be serious! You seriously don't know that most men don't be themselves on the first date? Your a guy yourself. ",Branch says in disbelief.

Poppy brings his hand to the back of his neck. He starts scratching it with a blank look on his face. He honestly doesn't know much about the how other men act on a first date unless you count his male friends but, they were usually just nervous and Smidge didn't think his crush would like him as he is. It was all completely different to Poppy. Looks like male vampires have other ideas on how to act on dates... Then Poppy slowly removes his hand from the back of his neck.

" Well... I always was trying to be myself on first dates and my friends would just act a little different sometimes because,they were nervous or afraid. I don't really know about what the other trolls and vampires do on first dates... ",Poppy admits honestly and slowly.

The Queen just looks at Poppy for a moment thinking about what he just said. His answer does make some sense to her. Maybe the troll community is just more open than she originally thought or something else she doesn't know about... Branch never went to the troll village or kingdom because, she has no interest in getting caught.

" I see...",Branch comments understandingly.

" Yeah. That's pretty much how it is... Also I noticed you didn't answer my other question. ",Poppy admits honestly.

Branch raises an eyebrow then puts one hand on her hip. The only reason she didn't answer the other question is that he interrupted her. Branch doesn't normally talk about her dates and private matters with vampires who bump into her but, something about Poppy encourages her to do so. She won't admit but, Branch kind of likes it.

" That's cause you interrupted me,mister.",Branch points out jokingly and seriously.

Poppy chuckles happily at her point. He knew it is truth and likes how Branch talks back to him. Then Branch simply smiles at Poppy as she removes her hand from her hip.

" It's tomorrow night after a local art gallery charity event I have to attend. ",Branch admits honestly.

" Wait! Is it a party? ",Poppy asks hopeful and excited.

Poppy's eyes look like they are lit up and his smile is big. The turned vampire loves parties! It's been a while since he been to one so he wants to go to a vampire party. Branch is surprised by his sudden behavior at first then it melts away quickly. The Queen knows how much the trolls love to party. Sometimes the music is so loud and the fireworks are so big that the Vampires of Vampdom can hear it and see it!

" It is partly a party. The first quarter of it is an oration then the rest of it is a simple party to celebrate how much money was raised. It probably won't be anything like your use to. ",Branch explains honestly.

Poppy's light up more at the fact the event will be a party. Now he really wants to go to the party! Excitement fills the pink vampire's soul. Branch notices his behavior and is surprised by excited he is! It's like Poppy is a kid in an candy store.

" Can I come? Can I? Can I?",Poppy asks hopeful and excited.

" Hm... Well yeah you can go to it. Anyone can come to the charity event but, I'm not sure you would like this kind of party. It's more like a dance than a wild party... ",Branch says honestly.

Poppy is very happy to hear that he can come. Now knowing that it is a dance it doesn't change his mind at all! A party doesn't have to be wild for him to enjoy it! So why does she think that he won't like it?