One: Things I Hate

"Khushi, can you please go out of the room or go downstairs? I am trying to complete my work here!", Arnav said frowning before shifting his attention back towards the Macbook in front of him.

"No," she responded half yelling and half screaming by his ear as she walked past him towards the bed with her phone in her hand. He turned towards the bed with his brows furrowed.

"What did you just say?", he uttered with anger seething through his eyes.

"Arnav Ji, you have this whole utterly spacious study room built downstairs with everything you might need to complete your work. Why can't you go downstairs?" she replied calmly with a hint of cheekiness in her voice. She folded her legs simultaneously, switching on the DVR & television, leaning against the headboard.

He rolled his eyes frustrated and closed the screen with a thud causing her attention to shift from the shirtless Salman Khan towards the flickering lights of the laptop that indicated the transition to 'sleep mode'. Her eyes slowly moved towards her husband who was standing in front of the television wearing the most annoyed expression. She slowly got up which caused him to moved toward her, leaving barely an inch distance between them.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that again." he gritted before pulling the plugs of the electronics out and stepping out of the room with his laptop, flash drives, and phone.

Khushi sat gown grumpily lamenting over her caged life and muttering curses.

*

"Did you fight with Khushi Ji, AGAIN?" He stopped in his tracks and turned around from his trance towards his sister who was standing across the stairwell from the study room holding a list of some sort.

"What do you want Di?" he grumbled.

"Hold on actually." she signaled before turning towards Hari Prakash, "Here, take these and make sure to stock it all before dinner tonight." She returned her attention towards her brother. "I am asking if you fought with Khushi Ji again!" She questioned.

"No Di. I didn't do anything. She fought with me. She was irritating me, at first by gossiping about all these page 3 news about Salman Khan and then by actually putting that man on my television screen."

"You have to admit Chotte, anyone ordered to sit still in a room for a week is bound to get bored and look on a brighter note, Khushi Ji hasn't broken or displaced any more of her bones yet."

"She'll do that too considering how much she jumps around in a small space," he grumbled under his breath to which his sister muffled her giggle.

"I am going to do my work Di. I have enough already to get into these trivial matters on daily basis," he said haughtily before turning around and leaving.

*

Khushi lowered the volume of the television at brief intervals while continuously peeking outside the door to make sure of the clear coast. Kneeling on her hands and knees for about ten minutes, she decided that the time has come to escape from the prison cell.