Eight: Memories

A/N; this OS serves as a prologue to the Taste of Love series which is only present on the Raizadas Forever blog! 

Anjali laid down in her bed tired and exhausted from the day's work and routine. Having two pregnant ladies in the house was tiring. She smiled to herself wondering how Akash and Arnav were able to deal with it.

Her mind slowly reeled off to the time when she herself was pregnant. The moments leading up to her miscarriage were still fresh and clear in her mind. The agony and pain came bubbling back, piercing her heart right from the middle and tearing it apart in pieces. Tears slid down her cheeks pulling her back into reality.

She gasped pulling herself up. Putting her brace back on, she walked out towards the small balcony that linked her bedroom towards the poolside outside her brother's bedroom. Tinkling laughter from the other end cheered her up for a while as she let herself drown in the soft, cooling breeze.

*

"Di." a husky voice called her from behind.

"Chotte? Aren't you going to the office?" she questioned turning around.

"Why were you crying last night Di?" he asked as they both walked over towards the mandir in the house. "I was outside. I saw you walk in and walk back inside and you walked in crying," he stated again asking for an explanation.

"My dear Chotte. Nothing happened. I was feeling overwhelmed." she replied honestly.

"Did Khushi say something Di?" He scrunched his brows anxiously, "I know she speaks a lot of gibberish these days. She made Payal cry yesterday so I don't really blame you."

Anjali chuckled at her brother's inconsistent idea of his wife going mad. "Nobody said anything Chotte. I was just remembering the time when I was expecting your little niece." her face fell as she continued, "only things didn't turn out the way I expected. It's life Chotte. Once in a while the memories do come knocking back. I'm fine." she replied patting his shoulder.

Arnav looked at his sister for the longest while as she spoke wondering whether if he was only strong enough because he had Khushi by his side.

"Okay, Di. You know I am here to talk if you ever want to," he replied sighing and walking back.

Anjali shook her head in admiration. She heaved a sigh and smiling walked up towards her room to get ready to leave for the mandir.

*

"Betiya, I am worried if Manorama is able to handle Khushi betiya." Deviyani spoke to her granddaughter climbing up the stairs. "I'm serious betiya, don't laugh."

"Nani, earlier Chotte was saying the same thing!" she laughed, "Do you suspect she's getting mad too?"

"No no. I think she's high on something every day. Talks so much but she's definitely the sweetest person in the house." she finished off with a smile of adoration for her daughter-in-law.

The duo walked up the stairs together for the pooja when Anjali excused herself after sensing her phone ringing.

"No Chotte, Khushi ji is at home."

"With Mami Chotte."

"We told her not to move."

"Why don't you give her a surprise visit!", Anjali disconnected the call sighing. Her brother was definitely one of a kind.

She turned around to go up and almost fell herself falling after crashing against a hard chest. She looked up to see a man about her age standing with an apologetic face.

"I'm sorry!"

"At least watch where you are going!" she replied harshly before walking away.

*

Khushi pranced around the room with a red and pink colored sari in her hands. Her hair fell behind her from her bun as the doors opened and stood her husband.

"You aren't ready yet?"

"I'm confused about what to wear! I narrowed it down to two!" she replied earnestly.

"Red," he replied in an obvious tone walking in.

"Oh, and Di is coming with us."

"You're telling me as if I'm going to mind. It'll be better to have a company!"

Arnav smiled watching the changing colors on his wife's face. He tiptoed behind her and circled his arms over her ever-growing waist. "You know I love it when your nose turns red," he murmured making her gasp in anger.

*

Anjali sat silently with her bhabhi by the corner when a familiar person walked over towards her. Khushi nudged her, bringing her out of her reverie as the person sitting beside her. She looked up to see it was the same man from before.

A strange prickling sense overcame Anjali looking at his face.

"I'm Nikhit. I'm the accounts manager at AR," he spoke.

"Anjali Raizada. Sister of ASR," she replied adjoining her hands to greet.

Khushi looked closely at the two people sitting beside her. Something was happening. Something good. Her lips curved into a smile notching the changing colors on Anjali's face.

Perhaps everyone was going to get there happily ever afters.