Nine: The Godh Bharai

"Wow Khushi Ji! You're gonna break Nannav's heart tonight!" NK blurted out seeing Khushi getting ready.

"Nanhe Ji? Why would I be breaking Arnav Ji's heart? He's already married to me." she replied wearing the bangles.

Khushi was decked up in a heavily embroidered sari with jewels covering every part of her body. Her face glowed with happiness until NK started his interrogating session. Arnav walked in hearing NK's last question and looked at him incredulously.

"Are you mourning the status of your love life NK?" he questioned as he leaned in to place a soft peck on her cheek.

NK huffed and puffed dramatically, standing up before leaving the room pretending to be hurt.

"Why did you get him upset Arnav Ji!"

"Because only I'm allowed to eye my wife," he whispered in her ear, biting her ear lobe and placing soft butterfly kisses behind her ear.

"We should go," she murmured in his ear as his hands tightened around her.

"Are you sure?" He brushed his fingers slowly, letting them linger on her back driving her senses havoc.

"Arnav Ji!" she furiously pushed him away and turned around trying to control herself.

He smiled noticing her heavy breaths and instead of coming forward, took the end of her pallu and placed it on her head delicately.

She turned around, attempting to hug him before her belly created a distance between them. Their eyes met for the slightest second before their lips curved into smiles.

"Let's go," he muttered huskily putting this hand forward. Her eyes lingered on his while his hand hung in midair before she slowly grasped his palm tightly into hers. Her small nod affirmed him to step forward; letting him walk around her and slip his other hand behind her waist.

The door to their room was left open as they descended the stairs. She felt an old tingling spark returning with her heartbeat escalating. It had been few days since they had been this close to each other. Her attention changed from the stairs towards him. His brows furrowed as he carefully led her step by step, the colors of his eyes remaining charged with a determined look on his face.

She felt the urge to touch his face and erase the anxiousness settled in the creases of his face when she felt her heels give away and her foot sprain. Being unbalanced, she could only feel his strong hands tightening around her and pulling her up straight beside him.

She looked up at him to see anger at her carelessness.

"Stop looking at me and look where you step. I am not going anywhere," he spoke a bit too harshly.

"Here Chotte, give me her hand." Anjali came walking towards them as they neared the last step.