Chapter four

---

Charlie Green looked at his notes. Hmm. What can I make for a song? He thought. He was sitting in his studio, trying to come up with a new song idea for his fans and pleasure. But he couldn't think of anything as he sat in the black, squeaky chair. He thought a song about Minecraft axolotls would be good, but he had to think about it more.

Charlie decided to go on YouTube to ask his fans for ideas. He booted up his computer and it opened to his account. He put down the notepad and pencil on his desk.

Before Charlie could take to his YouTube channel, 'CG5,' where he'd post all his music on there, he got popped an ad for this game called, 'Lightning Holds'.

Charlie clicked the exit tab and it went away. He opened up YouTube, but something was strange. All the videos in the homepage were videos of the same ad he closed seconds ago. He shrugged and clicked one of the many-to-similar videos out of curiosity and it played.

It was some kind of news report, but nothing about this so-called "game" the thumbnail showed him.

Dumb clickbait, He thought.

The news reporter showed pictures of a girl and a boy, which she told the viewer, that they were missing.

Charlie watched the reporter discuss the case.

"...Alison and Gabriel have been missing for over two days, where their parents reported the incident two hours after they called 9-1-1. Alison's mom told us and the police that Gabriel was spending the day at their house for a hangout while both of the mothers were at the grocery store—"

Charlie sighed. He adjusted his black, square glasses and paused the video. Why are kids always going missing? It's either a kidnapping or something else. He walked away from his computer, leaving it on, but stopped when he heard a voice.

"Hello, Charles..." The voice was deep kind of-ish, and it sounded like a man's voice.

Charlie whipped around so fast and almost tripped over himself. He looked at the screen, which now showed a man's tan face and blonde-cut hair as the guy smirked.

"Don't you wanna save them?" the screen said.

Charlie was stunned as his mouth was dry. "Who are you?" he said fearfully.

The man chuckled. "It is a Tuesday, Charlie, so I know you're busy. I get it making music is your top priority right now, but just look at them!"

The screen showed security footage of Gabe and Alison in the room, scared, Alison crying, her huddled beside Gabe. "It would be a shame if I would have to kill them..."

Charlie yelled, "No!" He slammed his hands on the desk, his body shaking as he was panicking. He didn't know why he was acting so scared-for-his-life right now... He'd always see kids on TV reported missing, but never in a million years would he act like this to it. There was something... special about those kids but he couldn't click his tongue on it. Or even tell if they're even special at all.

The man raised an eyebrow. He chuckled. "Well, with one knife to the kneecap, boom. They're dead, gone forever,"

"What do you want?" Charlie yelled at the screen. He ruffled a hand through his blonde-highlighted hair. He was already stressed with coming up with ideas for the song.

"I want—"

The screen blackened.

Charlie's heart was pounding. He didn't know what to do. Then, as he was turning to walk away, the man appeared again.

"Meet me at Horrorwood, Arizona. If you're going to save them, that is. If you don't, then you'll watch them suffer on the big screen." The man laughed.

Charlie hesitated as the screen turned off. It rebooted, showing the YouTube homepage now, filled with random videos now. But at the first recommended video it read: Horrorwood, Arizona. Do you dare go there?

Charlie faced the computer monitor and made a quick YouTube comment on his music channel, which he was already signed into, and made a quick update to his fans on the community page. He thought of switching over to his second channel account, 'CG5LIVE,' and posting the comment on there, but no time for that now.

I'm going to some place to save some kids. Brb. Wish me luck. Probably not gonna stream today.

Then he left to go pack his bags. It was already 7am. He didn't wanna run out of time, or be too late.

*