Chapter twelve

---

"Well, I guess I don't have my phone anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because the bastard smashed it to the ground for my eyes to see, that's why,"

Charlie and Kathy were sitting on Charlie's couch in the living room. They were talking about the incident that happened between the kids and him; or the kidnapping.

"I guess I have to buy a new one." Charlie sighed. "So is the villain in jail?"

Kathy nodded. "Identified him as Font Light. He was a criminal that broke out of jail, his criminal record involving kidnappings. Mostly children."

"How did he even get my number?" Charlie asked himself.

Kathy shrugged. "Hacked your phone? You are kind of famous, you know,"

Charlie shrugged at the thought. "Do you know if those kids are alright? I heard they were sent to a hospital or whatnot,"

Kathy nodded and got up from the couch, stretching. "Yeah"—she yawned—"I hope they're all—"

The doorbell rang.

Since Kathy-Chan was already up, she went to open the door. Her face lit up with happiness. "Kids!"

Alison and Gabriel were standing in front of Kathy in the doorway. "Hello! They got my memory back a little!" Gabe said, first one to speak.

"Yeah, and the doctors said that we're all good," Alison said, her smile so wide. She couldn't control it. "I guess we don't need those games and box,"

"Come inside, kids. What happened to Chi-Chi and Oreo?"

They all gathered together on the couch again. Alison said that Chi-Chi and Euria were still in the hospital.

"Oh, are they alright?" Charlie asked.

Gabe nodded.

Charlie sighed in relief. "Didn't the news say that the guy escaped—"

"Yes, Charlie, we already discussed this. You always forget like every other man,"

Charles chuckled. "Oh, um, right."

Alison smiled. "So, what was the place that he took us to?"

Charlie cleared his throat. "It was... actually, I don't know. I never seen it before, but it was in Horrorwood, Arizona though,"

"Oh,"

They sat in silence for a couple of minutes, thinking their own thoughts.

"Hey, uh, Charlie—"

The doorbell rang again, making a buzzing noise like before.

Something in Charlie's mind was saying Don't open the door.

Alison went to answer it, getting a nervous feeling in her stomach. She thought it was just some trauma from the incident that happened, but it was really her stomach telling her to not open the door, but she just didn't know it.

She opened the door with pleasure with a smile on her face, but it soon went into a frozen emotion; scared and surprised.

A man stood tall, outside in the sun (it was only 6am) and smiled an evil grin at the kid.

Charlie stood up so fast and his mouth gapping open as he saw the man wearing a prison outfit. His hair was the same as before, blonde and messy, and his grin was as the devil's grin.

"Hello..., you," the man said in a deep, slow voice, grinning at Alison, his eyes wild. "You can't escape Mr. Light, you know. Even I can't escape myself sometimes. Lightning Holds is a silly old game I made up when I was a kid. You got a hold of it, and now I want it back." He laughed. "Just kidding. I thought you kids knew better than to open doors without your mommy and daddy's stupid permission. Guess you forgot, huh?" He stepped forward, walking into the house—Charles' house—and laughed again. "Well, now since I'm away from there—jail, I mean, I get to have some play with you again. Isn't that lovely? Haha! I'm back, baby,"

Alison backed away, almost tripping over the living room carpet.

Mr. Light grinned. He whispered to everyone, "You can't escape the one who created... 'Lightning Holds',"

Charlie's heart was pounding with fear, everyone's was. I guess I'm not writing that song any time soon... Or maybe anything for that matter.

*