Chapter eight

---

"Oh my god, is it... is it really him?"

Gabriel shrugged at Alison's gasp.

Alison crawled to the man that was laying on the floor, who was unconscious. "Ch-Charlie?" she whispered.

Charlie's eyes opened wide and quick. He sat up, looking around, and when he saw Gabe and Alison looking at him, he let out a childish scream. He looked at them both for a minute of surprise.

"Charlie?"

"Where am I? Who are you people?!" Charlie yelled out, glancing around. "Where am I?"

"You're in, uh... well I don't know where we are. But, why are you here?" Alison asked.

Charlie took a breath. His eyes lit up with recognition. "Wait"—he pressed his finger at his nose bridge and took it off—"Are you the kids who got kidnapped?"

Alison cringed.

Charlie was confused. "What's that face for?"

"Oh! Uh, I just don't like that word... um..."

Charlie saw Alison blush with embarrassment. "What word?"

Alison fell silent.

"Well, uh, anyway. What's your names?"

"Oh, I'm Gabriel, I think." Gabe piped up.

Charlie cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"And uh, I'm... Alison. And he lost his memory because that jerk wiped it apparently,"

Charlie nodded.

"You're... CG5, right?" Alison was embarrassed to say it.

Charlie nodded again. "Okay. So how did this happen?"

"Well. Me and Gabe were running through my attic. And then I found this game called, 'Lightning Holds,' whatever that means—"

"Wait. Did you say, 'Lightning Holds?'"

Alison nodded. "Why?"

"I got popped an advertisement for it and it was all over my home page on YouTube!"

Alison looked at Charles. She was shocked as Charlie. "Well, this man came right into my house and almost, like, slit my throat open,"

"Oh yeah, and then I heard a scream come from downstairs and then I came down to check it out and then the man was holding a knife up to—"

"Okay, stop! This is too violent!"

Alison chuckled. "S-Sorry,"

"And then I guess he took us here,"

Charlie looked at Gabe. "I thought you said you lost your memory..."

Gabe put on a side-smile. "Guess it came back?"

Charlie shrugged. He, again, adjusted his glasses again. "So... this man... his name was...?"

"Mr. Light," Alison and Gabriel said at the same time. "I think we've been here for three days maybe?" Alison said.

Charlie nodded, thinking. "So, what was that scream earlier I heard? I was in the living room maybe when I heard it. Oh yeah," He took out the needle he remembered was stuck in his neck from the guards.

"That was me," Alison answered. "And what is that needle? And sorry, I'm not the sort of talking person, heheh..."

"Oh, just uh..."—he tossed the needle aside—"some thing that the guards put in my neck,"

Gabe's eyes lit up. "Wait, you're the music artist, right? Sorry, off-topic but I just remembered."

Charlie smiled. "Yeah, I am, no worries. So, about the Mr. Light guy—"

There was a knock on the door.

Mr. Light came into the room. "What about me?"

Everyone fell silent.

"Come on, I haven't got all day, ya know! Now, tell me what it is you're going to say, hm?"

"I..."

The man's eyes landed on Alison. He walked into the room more, now in the kind of center floor. Two guards were at his side, closing the door shut. "Hm?"

Alison bowed her head down.

"What was that, girl?" Mr. Light stepped forward.

Alison still was trying to say something, but couldn't say the thing she was trying to say. She had this thing, where she can't really get words out easily.

"Um..."

"Speak up, girl! I can't hear you!"

Oh god, how Alison hated when people told her to speak up because they couldn't hear her with the quiet voice she had.

Mr. Light grinned. "Well—"

"Hey, leave her alone!" Gabe yelled.

You could've said that sooner, Gabe, Alison thought jokingly.

"Ah. You're sticking up for her, aren't you? How cute—"

"It's funny how you use your 'Oh, I'm trying to be nice' voice and then you grow all mad all of a sudden. Why don't you just kill us already, save us some time!" Charlie shot at Mr. Light, speaking quickly.

"Ohhhh, burn!" Gabe said.

Mr. Light sighed. "You know what? I think I might just do that, Mr. Green," He held up a black gun at all of them, smirking. "Why don't... I just do that, shall I?" He had a glint of evil and seriousness in his eyes.

He wasn't playing no jokes now.

*