Chapter five

---

Charlie ran as fast as he could, his backpack that contained water and a little knife, swinging at his back. He accidentally bumped into OR3O, or her real name, Euria, his friend.

"Woah, woah, hey! Charlie, why are you running?" She adjusted her black, similar to Charles', glasses.

Charlie breathed in and out. "I, uh... need to save... some kids at—"

"Where? What? You look stressed. Charlie, what's happening?" Euria said. Her voice was fast with worry.

Charlie patted his knee and said, "Look, it's really hard to explain, but some kids got kidnapped at Horrorwood, Arizona. I—"

"What are you talking about? Can I come with you?"

"Slow down—"

Charlie's phone buzzed in his pocket. He took it out and read the text.

Mr. Light: Bring no one with you. You're going alone to save these children.

Charlie looked back at OR3O. "Uh... the person said to go alone. Sorry,"

"Oh! Charlie, I do hope you'll be all right!" Euria hugged Charlie, which made him uncomfortable, but hugged her back.

OR3O looked like she cried when she unlocked the hug.

"I'm sure I will. Uh, thanks, Oreo."

"Go save those kids, okay?"

Charlie nodded and walked away, them waving, and then Charlie broke out into a run again, panting. He put his phone back in his pocket.

Finally, after a couple of minutes, he got to Horrorwood, Arizona. It wasn't very far away anyway.

*